Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,
I am new to to the form. I have just purchased a salvage 2006 Gallardo Spyder that was written off by the insurance for electrical problems. I have managed to find out the history of the car and the story goes that the car was improperly jump started and fried the electrics.
I have been through all fuses and I can get all aux to work but now I come to getting the car to run. I have found a parts recycler who is parting out a identical car to mine.
My question is if I change the two engine ECU and the GFA will I have to send the car to the dealer to coded? I am hoping to avoid this if I can and am happy to change the Comfort control ECU keys/ignition locks as I can get them cheep from the parts recycler.
Any help would be a big help

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
Typically you need both ECU, key, ignition (immobilizer), ignition lock (if so equipped), Cluster, and possibly BCM. Here are two examples from regular Audi's that era, One has ignition lock and no BCM, the other has no lock but has BCM. So YES, best bet is to do your research or it would be great to find someone who has been down that road in an '06 Gallardo !! Good Luck !! Post Results !!
s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh and there is the mileage transfer issue to address as well..... does the 'donor' vehicle have more/less miles as that will transfer as well and without the proper programming will show issue on Carfax (which may not be even a concern at this point) but something to consider.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.
What information I can find online is that the engine ECU's and GFA ECU are VIN Coded. As are the keys. I have found this from the parts look-up and the workshop manual. I can not find any information about coding the instrument cluster or comfort control ECU (immobiliser)
What I am interested to find out is if the keys are just coded the the Comfort Control ECU or the GFA & if the instrument cluster is in fact requiring coding?
Does anyone have the LaRA-AS system that could check?

Thanks again

·
Registered
271 Posts
You've got yourself a challenging scenario there. Definitely need to find an expert who's willing to help because mass part swapping (due to the cost of this stuff) isn't an option. You need to figure out what exactly is smoked, hopefully it could be just one thing.... I remember a similar situation years ago w/ a Mitsubishi.....problem was what they call an Etacs module that was connected directly to the fuse box under the dash. It was an easy fix, but the only reason for that was once we started poking around the fuses you could smell burned electrical. Further 'sniffing' investigation revealed it was coming out of that box, and and some other fusible link replacement. You might want to actually start by sniffing around (and that's no joke) How does the area around the fuse box in the passenger side footwell smell ?? Start testing the high amp fuse bus, (if none of those look burned) it has to be done with a voltage drop test because I know for a FACT a simple continuity test will not reveal a bad one (been there, another long story)... Should supposedly be in that area maybe behind a white cover above regular fuses? something like:
FuseBus.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts