Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy a Billet or Aluminum cover to replace the plastic one on the e-gear actuator? I believe mine is starting to have a small leak because nothing else seems to be leaking there.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy a Billet or Aluminum cover to replace the plastic one on the e-gear actuator? I believe mine is starting to have a small leak because nothing else seems to be leaking there.
If you send me your warped one I can make a new one. Over time they end up warping and can leak.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The black plastic cap on the back of the egear actuator is a dust cap. It covers the shift rod ends as they protrude from the housing in use. If you are getting fluid from there the orings on the shift rods are leaking.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I should note this is for a PreLP. I don’t know about the LP egear actuator as the systems is different.
Here is a good video from GTE Engineering showing the actuator being bench tested.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
The black plastic cap on the back of the egear actuator is a dust cap. It covers the shift rod ends as they protrude from the housing in use. If you are getting fluid from there the orings on the shift rods are leaking.
Mark is right. That issue a new cap is NOT going to fix. I'm working on some new and exciting things with GTE and when I have it all done I'll make a new post.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Anyway to make one without sending the used one? so I dont have to pull it off until I have a replacement? Also what material will it be out of?
I can get you a used factory cap in good shape if you want, for free :) But your issue is deeper than a cap can fix.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, Well then no need to replace the cap if that's the case. What else could be leaking? I inspected the lines and they look dry, cant really see anything else there unless we pull it off. Anyone else have any pointers on what to look for? Its a 6k mile Pre-LP SL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seals can get old and leak, especially from non use... sometimes more than use. I wouldnt rule them out at all without pulling it
Yes I fully understand this but some people dont understand this statement is hugely overblown, with that being said I understand its a possibility but i dont want to get into the car with just that one thing as the possible culprit. Are there any other spots that are known to leak? So far all i've heard really is the lines and these rings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts