Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, been on reading this forum for a long time and recently joined the owner's club :wave:. Wondering if those drivers out there with 20" wheels could share their experience? More prone to getting dents, harsher ride, fender rubbing?

I'm driving an 06 Spyder (gated:)), and was thinking of going to 20" wheels all around. Not that the 19s don't look big enough, just thought that if I'm replacing the callistos, made sense to think about sizing up.

Also, read lots of posts on the awesomeness of the LOC Rev5 exhaust, would love to hear folks' thoughts on the low end torque. I tried disconnecting the exhaust vacuum hose and it was very noticeably worse off the line. Anyone post a before/after dyno with the LOC? I couldn't find it.

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump :)

As much as I've searched and found, sounds like everyone is split on whether 20s sized appropriately causes premature wear to the diff. But I would like to hear folks thoughts on how 20s affected drivability.

And any additional thoughts on non-TT ways to add torque would be great as well.

·
Vendor
1,162 Posts
If you're keeping the car at stock ride height, 20's should not present any issues. As far as adding power, you can add a full exhaust and tune, and you should expect to see around 30hp/tq. The only real way to see a big noticeable gain in the power of these cars, is by going forced induction. Supercharger or TT setup.

Also, as for the 20's causing wear on the diff, if you're going with a high quality wheel, as you should be with these cars, a lot of 20's will actually weight LESS than a stock wheel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gents, been on reading this forum for a long time and recently joined the owner's club :wave:. Wondering if those drivers out there with 20" wheels could share their experience? More prone to getting dents, harsher ride, fender rubbing?

I'm driving an 06 Spyder (gated:)), and was thinking of going to 20" wheels all around. Not that the 19s don't look big enough, just thought that if I'm replacing the callistos, made sense to think about sizing up.

Also, read lots of posts on the awesomeness of the LOC Rev5 exhaust, would love to hear folks' thoughts on the low end torque. I tried disconnecting the exhaust vacuum hose and it was very noticeably worse off the line. Anyone post a before/after dyno with the LOC? I couldn't find it.

Cheers

A quality wheel and tire package will likely ride better than your factory setup.

-Vin

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried a good set of HRE 20 inch vs the scorpius 19 inch stock.

The ride is definitely harsh, but the worst part for me was the rubbing on any sort of bumpy environment. Also, you cannot track those rims because every aggressive turn you make you hear the drone of your tire rubbing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 08 for sure got slower when valves were disconnected. I put the loc exhaust on and it was even more sluggish. Took it to independent and ran the procedure for the ecm relearn and that seemed to clear it all up. Even with the loc and the tune. I feel like it slowed the car down a touch. But the loc exhaust makes up for it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 20” rims and it can be a bit harsh but I also live in Baltimore so it can be a bit tricky avoiding potholes and zombies lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts