Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

recently purchased a 07 G Spyder and I was using leather cleaner and conditioner (chemical guys) to revive the small crease and crack of the drivers seat, where I noticed some discolouration of the leather when the product was applied. The colour eases down when leather dries but still is visible

first of all, does anyone know what’s the colour code or name for the creams Gallardo seats ?
Secondly is there a DIY solution which can dye the leather or be able to paint over it ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Google Liquid leather or Glipe tone they are paint for leather. All leather is painted or dyed.

You can diy or there are mobile guys that come to you.

I did a comple interior with Liquid leather made some difference. Not expensive either £60 a ltr.

They will have the colour codes for your car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
You can diy or there are mobile guys that come to you.

Go to a Rolls or Bentley dealer and find out who their "leather man" is. You can try Jaguar or Mercedes also. All these dealers have independent guys who recondition interiors on trade-ins. Most will come to your house to do the work. They can color match and repair minor issues much better than any of us trying it for the first time. These experts do it for a living and there's a reason a Rolls dealer continues to use them. I've used these guys a couple times with fantastic results.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,208 Posts
^what Oldschool Said. I tried various leather products myself in my garage including Leatherique and it was OK but not great. Then I went to the guy that the Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers use and had him do my Diablo seeds professionally. Night and day! Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could someone please tell me what is the colour name or code of my seats ? Or where can I find the details for it ? The dealer is unable to use their configuration for pre LP cars ..

·
Registered
123 Posts
The suppliers should know the codes by the model and age of your car if you state the colours .

They were able to do so on both the Ferraris I restored.

The indi guys that call out to your door can usually mix on site.

I prepped my leather and sprayed it with an air gun and compressor. The product is wiped on dab on or spray on.

In your case cleanse and wipe on.

If I had gone to Rolls Royce for a full interior refurb I wouldn't have had any profit!

For what you are looking done if you don't want to diy use a mobile guy. They can even do a full refurb on site. They just mask off and spray.

I took mine out separated all the seats, door cards consoles etc and what a job.

Like new

·
Registered
486 Posts
^what Oldschool Said. I tried various leather products myself in my garage including Leatherique and it was OK but not great. Then I went to the guy that the Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers use and had him do my Diablo seeds professionally. Night and day! Pics
Wow! Like new again.
For the two seats, was it more or less than $1k to get done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts