Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my own experience and the owner reported on forum. I found most G-car has the following problems.

1) Unstable engine rev (rev goes up and down between 800rpm to 1,100rpm).
2) Clicking sound under the hand brake
3) Clutch wear problem (E-gear)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
FWIW, on my car:-
1. No problem with idle
2. Had it, but resolved without help
3. Nope, 21,000 km and going fine
4. Yes, sway bar problem, although at front I think
5. No, but dealer replaced anyway
6. No problem here
7. Haven't had upgrade and is fine (might ask for it anyway)
8. Dealer did a good job -from memory.

I've heard all of these except the clutch wear problem with e-gear. Chris, have you had your replaced or something? What miles?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My G-car is still sleeping at the garage. The clutch won't be available within 3 weeks. It has around 4,000km milage. I read another forum from England. There is a G-car only has 450mile and the clucth is finished. :rolling:

BTW, is there anything doing with flywheel if I can't shift or engaing gear? Is it clutch wear problem only.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
as yet not fully explained, but many G's have had clutch problems in under 5000 miles. So far quite a few new owners have been "GoodWilled" new clutches to keep the nature of the real underlying issue in house and under raps! There has even been leaks that "a new type clutch" is being fitted to the "comped" cars!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The only problem Ive had was the clutch within the first 1200 miles (well documented on this forum last year) since being replaced the car has been perfect. I've spoken to the service agents and the newer clutches are not the same as the ones fitted to earlier cars, which seems to have solved the problem. I'm now approaching the second service (my car goes in on the 26th of April) so I'll be sure to update you on any problems that arise.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
ltadmin said:
as yet not fully explained, but many G's have had clutch problems in under 5000 miles. So far quite a few new owners have been "GoodWilled" new clutches
?

Some manuals perhaps, but who has had clutch problems with e-gear? I can't recall seeing any posts from e-gear owners who have had their clutches replaced (I might have missed the posts, of course) Software problems aren't clutch problems.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
chris said:
My G-car is still sleeping at the garage. The clutch won't be available within 3 weeks. It has around 4,000km milage. I read another forum from England. There is a G-car only has 450mile and the clucth is finished. :rolling:

BTW, is there anything doing with flywheel if I can't shift or engaing gear? Is it clutch wear problem only.
If the engine is turning over OK, I would be surprised if the flywheel is the issue.

If you can't engage gear in an e-gear, your dealer might first check the electrical connections on the clutch actuator before replacing the clutch. I couldn't get first gear one day and it was a poor electrical connection which prevented the car selecting gear.

It would take some tough use to wear out the clutch in 4,000km. Not saying it hasn't happened to you, but most dealers haven't seen too many Gallardos themselves and don't always know what they are looking for.

Hope this helps a little. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
mhh said:
FWIW, on my car:-
1. No problem with idle
2. Had it, but resolved without help
mhh - how did you resolve the clicking sound in the transmission tunnel without help? Please tell! It only occurs when the climate control is on but I thought that a fix would be quite hard.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
William, it just went away. It used to show during the warm up phase - a constant frequency tapping noise, about once every 2 seconds. When the car reached about 5,000km, it had gone. I didn't mention it to the dealer at first service as it was intermittent and I forgot. If you have it more regularly or with a fully warm engine, I would give the problem to your dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
G CLutch Replacement

So, I just did my 7500 mile service and was told my (egear) clutch was 50% worn...for reference I asked how much the clutch replacement would cost and was told $9000 - is this right? I was expecting not more than $5000.

Otherwise I drive her hard and don't have any problems I wouldn't find on any other car -

Anyone?

Alex

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I'm getting my 24,000km (15,000miles) service next week. I think my car is the highest mileage one on the boards.

My e-gear clutch still feels like new, but I'll ask how much wear it is showing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ask how much a replacement clutch might be? I would guess my dealer isn't charging something another dealer wouldn't......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in Florida and my local service center in Orlando says it would be $6500 and rarely if the throw out bearing is required it would be $8000. He said the throw out bearing cost $1500. I've read on here the cluct itself goes for $4200. You may want to purchase a Kevalar or a Carbon fiber for around $2500.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gallardo problems

1) My Spyder also has a clicking noise coming thru handbrake area
2) Also a clicking noise thru dash when using the height control and when going over a speedbump slowly.

Can anybody suggest a fix

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clicking Noise

Before taking it to the dealer or spending any money I would suggest doing the noise dampening solutions over at lamboweb.com. They may or may not apply to your year. I would also check post on the noise by searching this forum for "noise in tunnel".

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) My Spyder also has a clicking noise coming thru handbrake area
2) Also a clicking noise thru dash when using the height control and when going over a speedbump slowly.

Can anybody suggest a fix
For issue #2, I know that at least the 06's have a known issue w/ the bushings (i think it's the bushings) in the front. My dealer replaced this under warranty right after buying the car. It sounded like a metal on metal clicking. You would notice it when raising and lowering the car, and also when going over bumps occasionally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gallardo problems

Jonnyd, thanks you hit the nail on the head as its exactly the same noise i have in my 07 Spyder whilst adjusting the suspension and when going over a bump sometimes. Its driving me wild and i need it repaired. Could you please ask your dealer exactly what was replaced as i am in Darkest Africa and nobody here can help me yet.

rgds sm

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I live in Florida and my local service center in Orlando says it would be $6500 and rarely if the throw out bearing is required it would be $8000. He said the throw out bearing cost $1500. I've read on here the cluct itself goes for $4200. You may want to purchase a Kevalar or a Carbon fiber for around $2500.
Can't virtually any machine shop make a throwout bearing for $100?

And keep this in mind:
"Because the release bearing only works when the clutch is being released it usually lasts quite a long time. However, improper linkage adjustment or riding the clutch with your foot when driving can wear the bearing prematurely."

1 - 20 of 44 Posts