Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
WHHOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Bunch of G owners on here have raised some serious hell over this issue!!!!

Sounds like Lambo/AUDI is stepping up and doing the right thing!!

This is really good news to see Lambo standing behind their product and accepting responsibility for systems failures, even though it may not be their fault and showing Good Will to their clients!!!!.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gallardo Clutch 6 spd

I have 2700 miles and Im starting to notice a chirp/squeal when starting in 1st.
especialy with higher rpms. sounds like the throw out bearing is making the noise. Was this the first sign for anyone else ? did you have complete clutch failure ? thanks for any info........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gallardo Manual gear

:wave: On my Gallardo I have 559 Miles and my clutch is gone :(
The dealer refused to change the clutch under warranty. :mad:
Is it possible to find a modifide performance clutch? :confused:
please inform me

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Gallardo75 said:
:wave: On my Gallardo I have 559 Miles and my clutch is gone :(
The dealer refused to change the clutch under warranty. :mad:
Is it possible to find a modifide performance clutch? :confused:
please inform me

Something wrong there. No way they can deny replacing the clutch. Give'em Hell!

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Wow that is the earliest case of clutch failure i heard of on these cars - anyone know what a clutch replacement is on a murci?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have 2700 miles and Im starting to notice a chirp/squeal when starting in 1st.
especialy with higher rpms. sounds like the throw out bearing is making the noise. Was this the first sign for anyone else ? did you have complete clutch failure ? thanks for any info........
Does the chirp happen when loading up torque. So for example when changing down through the box at higher RPM's? I'm getting a similar noise and interested to hear from other owners on the subject.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Gallardo75. PLEASE, PLEASE don't allow the dealer to just blow you off like that. Stay in their face...and make them know that you will not stop at anything until they have treated you properly. It is ridiculous that your clutch has failed that early, and they won't replace it. It is time that Audi/Lambo stepped up and started acting like a responsible manufacturer. For the price of these cars, there is NO EXCUSE to treat their customers like that. Several years ago I bought a used Ferrari TR from a dealer in Scottsdale. The very next day the clutch failed. The dealer replaced it at no cost to me. I subsequently bought a 360 coupe and 360 spider from this dealer. I bought my first Lambo last year, a Gallardo. The dealer then proceeded to lie and cheat about toooooo many things to bother listing them here....but the upshot is that I will never buy another car from them. I spoke to John Amette (customer service Lambo), and he seemed very receptive. DON'T ACCEPT THE BRUSH OFF!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just contact Lamborghini USA which I believe is in Massachussetts. I have 1000miles on my Gallardo and if my clutch went that fast surely I would pay them a visit....even set up a camp site in front of their building.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gallardo75,

When was your car made? Early cars have a weak clutch and the clutch was updated in later cars. My clutch went at 1100 miles and the dealer had it replaced and back on the road in 48 hours, all under warranty. They knew of the issues with the clutch and they had all the parts in stock, ready to go. Besides upgrading the clutch they also did the coil pack update and even replaced some interior parts that showed some wear.
Do not give in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Clutch Noise

jamesketchell said:
Does the chirp happen when loading up torque. So for example when changing down through the box at higher RPM's? I'm getting a similar noise and interested to hear from other owners on the subject.
Noise only happens (for now at least) when starting out in 1st with higher
RPM's.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
drronh said:
Gallardo75,

When was your car made? Early cars have a weak clutch and the clutch was updated in later cars. My clutch went at 1100 miles and the dealer had it replaced and back on the road in 48 hours, all under warranty. They knew of the issues with the clutch and they had all the parts in stock, ready to go. Besides upgrading the clutch they also did the coil pack update and even replaced some interior parts that showed some wear.
Do not give in.
who was the dealer? Ultimate Motors?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
rascasse said:
Gallardo75. PLEASE, PLEASE don't allow the dealer to just blow you off like that. Stay in their face...and make them know that you will not stop at anything until they have treated you properly. It is ridiculous that your clutch has failed that early, and they won't replace it. It is time that Audi/Lambo stepped up and started acting like a responsible manufacturer. For the price of these cars, there is NO EXCUSE to treat their customers like that. Several years ago I bought a used Ferrari TR from a dealer in Scottsdale. The very next day the clutch failed. The dealer replaced it at no cost to me. I subsequently bought a 360 coupe and 360 spider from this dealer. I bought my first Lambo last year, a Gallardo. The dealer then proceeded to lie and cheat about toooooo many things to bother listing them here....but the upshot is that I will never buy another car from them. I spoke to John Amette (customer service Lambo), and he seemed very receptive. DON'T ACCEPT THE BRUSH OFF!!!
What state was the dealer located in?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.