Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the record, my Gallardo has 55,000 miles on the clutch. I drive a blend of city and highway. I had it installed when I purchased the car with 9,500 miles; it now has 64,500 miles, and I may need to have a new one installed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's very good mileage from what I can gather. Can you tell us whether your car is LP or pre-LP? And was it an OEM clutch or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what brand/type? Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's very good mileage from what I can gather. Can you tell us whether your car is LP or pre-LP? And was it an OEM clutch or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what brand/type? Thanks.
It's probably pre-LP (VIN ends in LA 066310. I had it the clutch replaced as a condition of purchase, so I don't know what they used, When I get the clutch replaced I will check on the clutch brand. I'll have it read next week - hopefully I can still go another year!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's probably pre-LP (VIN ends in LA 066310. I had it the clutch replaced as a condition of purchase, so I don't know what they used, When I get the clutch replaced I will check on the clutch brand. I'll have it read next week - hopefully I can still go another year!
Ok thank you.

Probably pre-LP? LOL.... If your headlight is "two discrete lamps" type, it's pre-LP. If single headlamp with a "Y" shaped LED underneath, it's LP.

What's your driving conditions like? Do you need to do multiple point turns to get the car in and out of the home and/or work garage/s? And do you coast on Neutral when going downhill and/or put it in Neutral when stopped at the light?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just for the record, my Gallardo has 55,000 miles on the clutch. I drive a blend of city and highway. I had it installed when I purchased the car with 9,500 miles; it now has 64,500 miles, and I may need to have a new one installed.
That's amazing mileage!! I had mine changed to a HiTech clutch and the wear on the clutch has been minimal compared to the OEM clutch. Just my 2 cents in case it helps you when shopping for clutches.

·
Vendor
1,572 Posts
I can send over quote when you are ready and 99% of the time I am best pricing worldwide.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
That's amazing mileage!! I had mine changed to a HiTech clutch and the wear on the clutch has been minimal compared to the OEM clutch. Just my 2 cents in case it helps you when shopping for clutches.
Thank you for your nice words. I think you have had our clutch for 4-5 years and you still have a lot of clutch left.

·
Vendor
2,579 Posts
That's awesome! Mine is 2008 and another way to help the clutch last longer is by getting a Sprint Booster. It's lets the clutch engage faster for less slippage. This is also my best selling Lambo part:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members

Also, you can read more about it in this post:

Reactions: Hi Tech Exotic

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thank you.

Probably pre-LP? LOL.... If your headlight is "two discrete lamps" type, it's pre-LP. If single headlamp with a "Y" shaped LED underneath, it's LP.

What's your driving conditions like? Do you need to do multiple point turns to get the car in and out of the home and/or work garage/s? And do you coast on Neutral when going downhill and/or put it in Neutral when stopped at the light?
A lot of freeway; some city. I back straight out. It has an amber light above the regular lamp. (Pre-LP?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
A lot of freeway; some city. I back straight out. It has an amber light above the regular lamp. (Pre-LP?)
That's extraordinarily good wear for a pre-LP from what I read.

But your driving habit explains a lot. Freeway driving with the clutch constantly locked up in the same single gear pretty much causes zero wear on the clutch (is my understanding).

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
That's extraordinarily good wear for a pre-LP from what I read.

But your driving habit explains a lot. Freeway driving with the clutch constantly locked up in the same single gear pretty much causes zero wear on the clutch (is my understanding).
+1 agreed.

You can get probably get 100k miles out of a clutch if you're on the freeway all the time because you use almost zero clutch.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That is very good. I have 41k miles on a factory F clutch in my 2004 and it is still working just fine I will drive it until it starts slipping which I hope is not for a long time. Mine has had very few road trips, mostly all in the city.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had just had mine checked - they said it was 1/2 worn, so I can still go at least a year. Once again. it was installed when I bought it (Lamborghini Chicago) and the G had 9,500 miles; now is at 64,500. When the finally replace it I'll want the same brand!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts