Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Pull fuse for radio/camera or disconnect battery for 10 min.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My back up camera didn’t work when I bought my Gallardo. I purchased the radio removal key from eBay and removed the radio. In the back of the radio I disconnected the plugs and waited a few minutes then plugged it all back on. Reinstalled the radio and camera was back up and working. That did it for me, you can try what the other member suggested and pull the fuse or maybe even check that the fuse is still good first.

·
Registered
521 Posts
2012 Gallardo - everything factory. Back up camera isn’t functioning when put in reverse. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Try this:

The backup camera module is underneath your cup holder/center console bolted to the rail that goes behind the seats. There are 2 connectors going into that. Pull the one with 4 wires. So far, every car has had different colored wires, but I haven’t seen any LPs other than my own, personally. Maybe all LPs are the same. Either way, 2 of the 4 wires are the video source going to the head unit, and the other 2 are a power and ground wire. The power trigger wire there is 6-7VDC.

Peel back the cloth tape wrapping the wires so you can figure out which 2 wires start to twist further up. That way you know it’s not either one of those. So far, I’ve seen those wires as brown and white on my own LP, and brown/red and brown/black on a pre-LP. My 6V power trigger wire was black and red.

When you press your reverse camera button, use a multi meter to make sure that it’s actually sending 6v. It needs to be plugged into the module, so use the probe multimeter tip that you can poke through the actual wire insulation to test. The car needs to obviously be in the “on” position but doesn’t need to be running, and toggle the reverse camera button to confirm if the module is sending power to the head unit. That way you know if it’s an issue with the module, or the wiring going into the head unit.

I’d assume it’s between those two because your screen isn’t flipping to a blank screen when you flip it into reverse. Check those and let us know what you find. I’m happy to help keep diagnosing further if you need, but no one benefits if we don’t post the solution later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gallardo Backup Camera 6V Pioneer Head Unit 12V

I recently upgraded my 2009 Gallardo's head unit to a Pioneer that is great in every way except the installer tried to convert the 12V power to the stock 6V camera and it would not function. Anyone with the same issue?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I recently upgraded my 2009 Gallardo's head unit to a Pioneer that is great in every way except the installer tried to convert the 12V power to the stock 6V camera and it would not function. Anyone with the same issue?

Check for my thread on the DIY install of the android head unit.

The way to convert the 6VDC to 12VDC properly is through the use of a 6V relay, and then you can safely send 12VDC to the head unit for the backup cam trigger.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im having issues on my camera too.
I replaced the control module a few years back.

When I put the car into reverse the screen just turns black.
even I press the rear camera button, it doesn't do anything....

This started after I went to get the car after my E-gear actuator rebuild (car had the battery disconnected for 1 month.
not sure if disconnecting the battery fried the control module after reconnect...…

I have a 2006 model I know they updated the control modules 3 times. The last revision ended with the part # ending on "C"
400907441C

anyone had these issues? Thoughts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not entirely sure that disconnecting the battery would have done anything to the module. I would rest at the actual backup camera module to make sure it has a signal coming from it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not entirely sure that disconnecting the battery would have done anything to the module. I would rest at the actual backup camera module to make sure it has a signal coming from it.

To the radio?
im assuming this is 12V reading or 6v

·
Registered
521 Posts
To the radio?

im assuming this is 12V reading or 6v

At the backup camera module, you’ll have both 12v out as well as 6v (closer to 7v in my experience). I’m saying I would test there, as it will confirm if the module and the camera itself are both getting power as they should. In the LP car and certain later pre-LPs, this is behind the seats beneath the disc changer, and I’ve also read from someone else that it’s on the passenger side near the rocker panel, although I’ve never seen that part before.

·
Registered
136 Posts
At the backup camera module, you’ll have both 12v out as well as 6v (closer to 7v in my experience). I’m saying I would test there, as it will confirm if the module and the camera itself are both getting power as they should. In the LP car and certain later pre-LPs, this is behind the seats beneath the disc changer, and I’ve also read from someone else that it’s on the passenger side near the rocker panel, although I’ve never seen that part before.

Im actually receiving the android radio this week and need to resolve this.. Im going to test this.
so you said the black/brown and the black/red
what's voltage should these read? 6vdc?

Can you manually put the radio to show the back up camera at all times, sort of like pushing the button on the center console.?
I ordered the radio with a came, I just might by pass the control module as its notorious to fail.....!

I know of a lot of people with this issue and most should post maybe we can figure this out other options...…...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone know what the deal is with Pre-LP camera vs LP camera? I have an '08 Superleggera that didn't have the factory camera, and I was able to find an OEM backup camera off an LP Superleggera that was parted out. Is the wiring going to be completely different, or did all '08s come with pre-wired harness for plug and play to cameras if optioned from the factory?

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Cams are the same. The rear camera option was close to $3k and I think wiring is there for 2008. If not that would suck.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Im actually receiving the android radio this week and need to resolve this.. Im going to test this.
so you said the black/brown and the black/red
what's voltage should these read? 6vdc?

Can you manually put the radio to show the back up camera at all times, sort of like pushing the button on the center console.?
I ordered the radio with a came, I just might by pass the control module as its notorious to fail.....!

I know of a lot of people with this issue and most should post maybe we can figure this out other options...…...
On an aftermarket radio the module can be bypassed if you want, but then the button wouldn’t work to turn in on moving forward.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I started this thread. I know there have been a number of 'other' questions asked. It would be great to have a concise thread of how to trouble shoot this issue without the other great questions off topic that have been asked.

I am operating without an owners manual so also a little bit in the dark. Here is where I am at:

1) 2012 Superleggera E gear
2) I start the car. The radio every time will default to turning on when I start the car. I don't know if this is normal.
3) When I put it in reverse there is no change to the head unit. The radio just continues to play.
4) I pulled the camera and put a volt meter to the connection to see if this would show voltage when the car was put into reverse.
When I pull the connector to the camera there are 6 pins. 2 do not look like they are used or have any metal connectors inside them see picture. The other 4 when I put the car in reverse have almost 7 volts going to them. I made an assumption this means the head unit is putting the voltage all the way back to the camera.
5) I replaced the camera and there is no change to 1-3 above.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also pulled the navigation fuse as per a user suggestion and reinstalled and no change. I don't have an owners manual so not sure if I pulled the correct fuse but it looked like from research the fuse is the 2nd row down 1st fuse in the block.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Oh, I recently had customer with the same issue. There is a camera module that controls this. A little brain box. That can go bad and then you have no camera. I have them in stock and 9 times out of 10 that's the issue. Also, if for some reason it doesn't fix your issue, I'll let you send it back, but I'm sure it will. Call/text me at 717-319-2100 and I'll show you some pics, etc.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh, I recently had customer with the same issue. There is a camera module that controls this. A little brain box. That can go bad and then you have no camera. I have them in stock and 9 times out of 10 that's the issue. Also, if for some reason it doesn't fix your issue, I'll let you send it back, but I'm sure it will. Call/text me at 717-319-2100 and I'll show you some pics, etc.
That’s an awesome service to offer, as most places won’t let you “diag” a part failure with their part! Awesome job, Jason!

At the backup camera module, you can test for the signals going in and out. It’s easy enough to access on an LP, and I can test mine later to tell you what each connector puts out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts