Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My G has 30k on odometer and before changing the oil to a thicker viscosity, i decided or attempt to rid of much carbon build up as possible.

Not sure if this is good for a Lamborghini, but I did it anyways.

2 cans 1 per each throttle body.

Having a friend helped me hold the revs at 2k while I simultaneously spray both cans into the throttle bodies.

To my disappointment,

No smoke, no rise of revs and basically nothing of any resemblence of what I seen on other cars of the internet.

However, after letting it heat soak for about 15‐20mins.

I came to start the car back up and it struggled a slight bit along with smoke shooting out.

It looked as if my car caught on fire as I drove onto the freeway.

I drove it like I stole it and huge clouds of smoke spewed out and all I can say is the car came alive!

The exhaust note has been completely changed, it crackles and pops.

Throttle response has been greatly approved. Idles much smoother and the G definitely feels like it restored lost HP.

Now I will throw another can in the oil and drive it before I change the oil.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My G has 40k on odometer and before changing the oil to a thicker viscosity, i decided or attempt to rid of much carbon build up as possible.

Not sure if this is good for a Lamborghini, but I did it anyways.

2 cans 1 per each throttle body.

Having a friend helped me hold the revs at 2k while I simultaneously spray both cans into the throttle bodies.

To my disappointment,

No smoke, no rise of revs and basically nothing of any resemblence of what I seen on other cars of the internet.

However, after letting it heat soak for about 15‐20mins.

I came to start the car back up and it struggled a slight bit along with smoke shooting out.

It looked as if my car caught on fire as I drove onto the freeway.

I drove it like I stole it and huge clouds of smoke spewed out and all I can say is the car came alive!

The exhaust note has been completely changed, it crackles and pops.

Throttle response has been greatly approved. Idles much smoother and the G definitely feels like it restored lost HP.

Now I will throw another can in the oil and drive it before I change the oil.
My dad uses Seafoam like candy

·
Registered
197 Posts
100% I use these and get great results. I use the can version and dump it in the gas tank and sump tank. I have used a different can for the throttle bodies to get some gunk out of that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts