Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gallardo's A/C is perfect to start with, but lately after a couple of hours on the road in hot weather, it fades and isn't cooling properly. Anyone had this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually find the opposite.

The air coming out seems alot cooler then the temp set. I usually have to set it a degree or two higher then in my BMW.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine used to be like yours, but now it seems to have lost gas or something. I'll have the dealer look at it this week. It's getting hot here!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Air-con! I live in England, don't rub your fantastic weather in my face like that ;)

Seriously though, my system seems to work fine. I like the car to be pretty cold inside (i know using air-con effects performance) so my system is always on. If anything, as said above, it runs colder than my other cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Murcielago is currently driving in 40 degree C weather without any problems. I find the small cab compared to the sedan wagons means that the car is cold fast. THe fans really whir on auto mode though. I have permanent bat wing up even at night driving such is the high ambient temperatures.

I reckon it must be a gas loss issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Take care with any "gas loss", which is normally shown up by any loss of "perceived" cooling by the air-con. Don't leave it too long before doing something about it.

Air Con systems have oil in the system that circulates with the gas. You loose gas - you loose lubricating oil that is needed by the compressor.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They had a go at fixing it but whatever they did, it isn't cutting it today - 38 degrees C ambient temp. Back to the workshop on Monday. :mad:

While they are at it, the sway bars are noisy again so this needs looking at. The "fix" didn't sound too convincing when the mechanic described it last time.....

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
loosing gas is not that dangerous, the air con has a security system.
If there is too less gas pressure it simply doesn't start anymore.

To check the Air con the garages do a pressure check, if your car has too less pressure they should fill in a fluorescent liquid when refilling.
Then you can find out the leak with a blacklight lamp.

I did this all on my countach, normally the connections are leaking.

·
Registered
173 Posts
mhh said:
They had a go at fixing it but whatever they did, it isn't cutting it today - 38 degrees C ambient temp. Back to the workshop on Monday. :mad: ...
well, i guess i don't feel so bad hooning by you at the sussex in the bug on saturday :wave: thinking the best thing about the g-car right now was that it has climate control. i didn't want to go below 40k's for fear of being toasted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts