Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone(with the Gallardo) ever make a straightline acceleration run against the Ferrari 360 CS ??? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Seemed about the same the to me, however this is based on feel , no clocks involved. The CS seems a bit faster between 3-4 and higher, overall he CS is a better car. I'm a Lambo guy 100% but I gotta call it as I see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
don't knowabout CS...i think time are very similar
but the 430 is faster than the gallardo:
3.6 Vs 4.2 in the 0-100 Km/h
11.5 Vs near12.5 in the 0-400 m. :(
these are results of a test in an italian magazine, it loocks the 430 accelerate as
the murcie until 220 Km/h.....
:( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
emilio said:
don't knowabout CS...i think time are very similar
but the 430 is faster than the gallardo:
3.6 Vs 4.2 in the 0-100 Km/h
11.5 Vs near12.5 in the 0-400 m. :(
these are results of a test in an italian magazine, it loocks the 430 accelerate as
the murcie until 220 Km/h.....
:( :(
I think you need to recheck those numbers. No way the 430 does a 3.6 to 60mph time. 3.9 at a push and that would be on their test track and on the down hill section as per all normal ferrari pre launch tests. I agree its going to be a quicker car than the Gallardo, but not the Merci.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
i have owned both, didnt ever use a timer or anything but a few observations:

the speedo in the CS seems to read about 10% i really want to verify this, clearly it read fast just how much i'm not sure but ALOT.

first through 3rd they seem about the same the CS wakes up a bit more late in 3rd.

the g-car has too tall of gears it would be better served with an added gear like the up comming M5.

crusing at high speeds 130+ there is body roll with the CS, the g-car was nicer up top it just sucked down to the road and after wards I checked my tire pressure and had only 30 lbs not the recommended 43.5(bad move on my part).

i'm not a heal and toe road racer by ant streach but the CS seems to take the corners a bit better, this is a laymans opinion.

the turning radius on the G-car sucks bad as a Diablo in a narrow alley, the CS is like a SL or tighter, the front end is higher on the CS makeing it better too.

ease of driving overall CS is a bit better, i dont like the position of the petals my ankle hurts like hell, i drove it 500 miles in 3 days and i still am limping, they are firm and too high from the floor and too perpendicular to the ground
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
jamesketchell said:
I think you need to recheck those numbers. No way the 430 does a 3.6 to 60mph time. 3.9 at a push and that would be on their test track and on the down hill section as per all normal ferrari pre launch tests. I agree its going to be a quicker car than the Gallardo, but not the Merci.
that is what i thought, but these are not factory numbers but results of a performance test by Quattroruote, an italian auto-magazine,
i am surprised as you are but the numbers are quite the same as the murcie's they tested in 2002.....until 220 Km/h
posted just to have some opinions on it... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
emilio said:
that is what i thought, but these are not factory numbers but results of a performance test by Quattroruote, an italian auto-magazine,
i am surprised as you are but the numbers are quite the same as the murcie's they tested in 2002.....until 220 Km/h
posted just to have some opinions on it... :confused:
they are probably on Ferraris payroll!!! Stranger things have happened.
:D
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top