Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
344 Posts
Well that was a fail, very easy to do and it worked but I found no combination that allowed it to turn off with car. Will just stick with it going to fuse panel. And thickening the cord stopped the cord from drooping
I haven't done the Mirror Tap yet, but the power to the mirror might stay on for a few minutes after shutting the car's ignition off. You might want to try wiring it again and then wait a few minutes to see if the radar detector turns off.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I haven't done the Mirror Tap yet, but the power to the mirror might stay on for a few minutes after shutting the car's ignition off. You might want to try wiring it again and then wait a few minutes to see if the radar detector turns off.
I did that, gave car a few minutes to shut everything down during every combo that powered it on.Figure dome lights work with car off but garage door opener doesn't so would think there would be a combo that would work?

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well that was a fail, very easy to do and it worked but I found no combination that allowed it to turn off with car. Will just stick with it going to fuse panel. And thickening the cord stopped the cord from drooping
Ahh sorry to hear. It might also take some time before it shuts off, even after the car appears to be off. At least you’ve got the direct to fuse figured out!

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD
227 Posts
Ahh sorry to hear. It might also take some time before it shuts off, even after the car appears to be off. At least you’ve got the direct to fuse figured out!
Wondering if we can get a look at the other side of his assembly, all of the wires seen here may just be garage door or dimmer related if he has that functionality. Perhaps the wires to the dome lights themselves are on the other side?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wondering if we can get a look at the other side of his assembly, all of the wires seen here may just be garage door or dimmer related if he has that functionality. Perhaps the wires to the dome lights themselves are on the other side?
Looks like he mentioned garage door opener I’m jealous on that as well!!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I gave it another shot, bought the 20" inch because the 16" was to short and this time used the homelink to tap. Took 5 minutes and was able to run cord under headliner right to windshield
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive design

• Helpful
Reactions: AwesomeM3

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
344 Posts
I gave it another shot, bought the 20" inch because the 16" was to short and this time used the homelink to tap. Took 5 minutes and was able to run cord under headliner right to windshield
Link for the 20"? Which color wires did you tap into?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: AwesomeM3

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
@Blu Bull I'll swing by and you can install mine :p
Anytime, but it really is an easy 5 minute install. I didnt even need to use trim removal tool, just pull from the side closets to windshield and it pops right out

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
344 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
So if the car doesn’t come with home link (STO) this wouldn’t work?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
As long as it has a dome light you would be able to get power to detector but would probably have to turn detector on and off. Also after reading OP posts again I realize I messed up on my first attempt when I couldnt find a powered source that would go on and off with car, I was doing the front harness, the one that had more wires. OP used the back one which would be the homelink so I'm doing the same wires as him. One other thing to OP is this the way your tap was when done?
Bumper Gas Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Composite material

I would be a little worried about how close the metal connectors are to each other, if they were to touch could cause a problem. The 20" tap I bought comes with 4 connector ends in different sizes, I used the ones that slid all the way in and were nice and snug
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
As long as it has a dome light you would be able to get power to detector but would probably have to turn detector on and off. Also after reading OP posts again I realize I messed up on my first attempt when I couldnt find a powered source that would go on and off with car, I was doing the front harness, the one that had more wires. OP used the back one which would be the homelink so I'm doing the same wires as him. One other thing to OP is this the way your tap was when done?
View attachment 317040
I would be a little worried about how close the metal connectors are to each other, if they were to touch could cause a problem. The 20" tap I bought comes with 4 connector ends in different sizes, I used the ones that slid all the way in and were nice and snug
View attachment 317042
Funny enough I forgot I had a home link at all! Correct that is how I did the tap - it was quite secure and there is an extra wire in between the two terminals so it passed my own personal QA (..and then the lambo ignites..lol)

That said I should update the guide with a warning!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts