Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just wanted to know what you all think the 1st generation Gallardo will be worth in say 3-5 years. That's around the time I'm planning on purchasing one, but I don't really know what the market for those is going to look like at that point in time. I'm guessing that since many of them are already over 10 years old, that they're going to start appreciating in value again soon, and that's bad news for the bank account. Anyways hopefully some of you will have a little bit of insight on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I doubt you will see much increase in value.. I think they are going to stay pretty stable from now on.. Maybe 10k difference..

It's possible they drop in price a bit but I find it very u likely they will drop too much..

·
Registered
147 Posts
In 3 to 5 years there's a pretty good chance you will want something else by then.

The special edition and manual cars may appreciate some but your everyday run of the mill Gallardo will not.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Limited editions, STS, Superleggera, Anniversario, and some others will appreciate as will the gated manual trans cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In 3 to 5 years they will be worth 3 to 5 years less then what they are selling for now. Lol
I think you will have a good 20kmile car for $80k

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would think manual will spread the gap compared to egear. Manual maybe up 10% per annum in the next 3-5 years

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea hopefully they do at least stay around the same price but if they depreciated some more that would be awesome. I have my heart set on this brand so if I were to get anything else it would maybe be a huracán, but that would still very likely be out of my price range. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts though, it's definitely reassuring as I thought it would be the opposite, but I guess time will tell!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Buying it is the easy part. It's the maintenance that can be costly. Squeaking into a 80K twelve year old Gallardo may be possible but how about a 5K repair bill or more in your first year?
Which is a LOT more likely on an older car.

·
Registered
974 Posts
In that time Gallardo s will be almost 20years old for some models.

There will be a huge spectrum of types of gallardo s available. Finding needles in a stack are the one owner decent mileage no story cars. There will always be cars for sale some cheaper than others but the questionable history comes in to play. Service, maintenance and condition are huge in considering upkeep costs once you acquire the car. I watched the market for a few years before leaping. The prices of LP Gallardo' drop quickly but not the special editions. The Huracan production is double so eventually you will have a crossover point where you have to consider new technology for a few bucks more or vintage rawness of the Gallardo.

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888

·
Registered
100 Posts
I doubt you'll see any drastic change in 3-5yrs. Long, long term I think their value will go up.

Only issue you'll have is finding one with low miles and good service history if that's important to you (and it should be). And, if you find one it'll cost you a bit more if everything else on the market has many more miles on it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting question, in Australia early Gallardo have gone up in value about 15%. I suspect there is still depreciation in the latter cars as the type1 buyer (Latest and greatest )updates. And Hurican are the flavour of the week.

History tells me that 04 manuals will be popular choice. A couple and some will say odd reasons, they don't have nose lift,
Koni shocks, oddly the ultra close gearbox, plus they were the first of the new era.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Same in the UK. First-gen and second-gen G manuals have risen about 20-25% in the past 2-3 years.

The baseline for a good 2004 manual is now quietly inching up into the £70-80k range, from £55-65k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Put it this way,

Many of the older Gallardos have no liens so that prompts the seller to sell for 20-30% less than market value if the seller needs the money asap

Your best bet is to stick to focusing on building net worth in the next 3-5 years to purchase a hurracan instead of a 16 year old gallardo in 3-5 years

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Put it this way,

Many of the older Gallardos have no liens so that prompts the seller to sell for 20-30% less than market value if the seller needs the money asap

Your best bet is to stick to focusing on building net worth in the next 3-5 years to purchase a hurracan instead of a 16 year old gallardo in 3-5 years
That's random. People needing to firesale a car is going to happen regardless of whether there is a lien. Firesale is not market value nor does it have anything to do with this thread topic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting question, in Australia early Gallardo have gone up in value about 15%. I suspect there is still depreciation in the latter cars as the type1 buyer (Latest and greatest )updates. And Hurican are the flavour of the week.

History tells me that 04 manuals will be popular choice. A couple and some will say odd reasons, they don't have nose lift,
Koni shocks, oddly the ultra close gearbox, plus they were the first of the new era.
That is strictly your opinion. Usually people who buy first gen are due to cost. I and most people did it because of cost. I assure you it is not just my opinion.

If you really want a gen 1, the 06~08 are far superior choice in terms of fun factor on the road or on the track to 99.9% of people except you and for the small price difference 06 offers everything 04 is and so much more. 04 Manual might have a chance to be considered collectible car someday due to the limited quantity and limited choices of newer manual cars from other brands. The appetite for manual car is huge with so few cars to go around.

History tells you the improved version of any particular model will be popular choice if cost is not a big concern. Take 2009~2011 CBA GTR for example (I had one too) vs 2012 DBA GTR. When people shop for a GTR only reason to go CBA is also cost. DBA offers so much more and their market value reflects that.

Another example is 360 VS F430. The only debate for 360 is if people prefer the look, it does have one sexy rear end. But it is so far inferior mechanically and performance than F430 (I had a manual 360 too). The old NSX 91~96 NA1, 97~01 NA2, 02~05 NA2. The 02+ worth at least double of the NA1 (I too had a NA1, great cars)

For me 09 egear vs 06 egear is not too much of difference in terms of price, but if it were manual 06~08 vs eGear 09+, I would take the manual over LP egear. The 09+ egear LPs are actually great bargain ($130k to $150k).

Of course I also like latest and greatest: Huracan, new NSX, or 570s etc. I actually received Huracan trade offer for my manual LP550-2 that I turned down. As I already have plan to buy one of the newer sports car to drive as daily while always keeping at least one manual car that is considered unique and rare.

End of the day we are car enthusiast, loving and appreciate cars is what we do.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
^ The fastest-rising Gallardos here in the UK market right now are 2004 to 2007 first-gen manuals. Growing around 5-10 times faster than the overall G market.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is strictly your opinion. Usually people who buy first gen are due to cost. I and most people did it because of cost. I assure you it is not just my opinion.

If you really want a gen 1, the 06~08 are far superior choice in terms of fun factor on the road or on the track to 99.9% of people except you and for the small price difference 06 offers everything 04 is and so much more. 04 Manual might have a chance to be considered collectible car someday due to the limited quantity and limited choices of newer manual cars from other brands. The appetite for manual car is huge with so few cars to go around.

History tells you the improved version of any particular model will be popular choice if cost is not a big concern. Take 2009~2011 CBA GTR for example (I had one too) vs 2012 DBA GTR. When people shop for a GTR only reason to go CBA is also cost. DBA offers so much more and their market value reflects that.

Another example is 360 VS F430. The only debate for 360 is if people prefer the look, it does have one sexy rear end. But it is so far inferior mechanically and performance than F430 (I had a manual 360 too). The old NSX 91~96 NA1, 97~01 NA2, 02~05 NA2. The 02+ worth at least double of the NA1 (I too had a NA1, great cars)

For me 09 egear vs 06 egear is not too much of difference in terms of price, but if it were manual 06~08 vs eGear 09+, I would take the manual over LP egear. The 09+ egear LPs are actually great bargain ($130k to $150k).

Of course I also like latest and greatest: Huracan, new NSX, or 570s etc. I actually received Huracan trade offer for my manual LP550-2 that I turned down. As I already have plan to buy one of the newer sports car to drive as daily while always keeping at least one manual car that is considered unique and rare.

End of the day we are car enthusiast, loving and appreciate cars is what we do.
So, the LPs are not as fun as the pre-LPs? Is this the reason why LPs are going down in price even when they are way superior in reliability than pre-LPs?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
^^^ Here too John looks like 2008 Superleggera are on upward swing could be fewer numbers available and probably one of the rawest lambos ever produced, engine sound, driving feel etc. I think purists and enthusiasts both miss that in the newer cars which are much more refined.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts