Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long time member researching the past few years and actually bought my first 04 gallardo off a member here through this site many years ago.
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great resource this site is and the great people that share their knowledge and stories as it is appreciated.
I know the timing could not be worse due to the shortage of cars and sky high values but have been searching hard for the right SVJ roadster to own. Just lost one I loved last week but another dealer bought it before me And can’t justify the extra cost after they put their profit on it.
I have driven an S roadster and loved it but the SVJ just looks so badass I can’t help myself even though I have not driven one..
Any owners out there care to share any dislikes in their SVJ compared to an S? Any options I should have or some that are a waste?
Thanks again to all who share here hopefully once I’m an owner soon I can do the same.

·
Registered
SVJ Roadster, Ferrari 16M, 83 Ferrari 308 GTB QV, Ferrari Roma
45 Posts
The only advice I’d give is the seats. I would not get a car with racing seats. They are good for about 15 minutes, then you are suffering. Get a car with comfort seats.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts
The SVJ is a badass car. If you prefer the styling, get what you want. I don't know that I could justify what appears to be a $300k - $400k premium over an S Roadster, but if you're going to race it the SVJ will outperform the S. In normal street driving, I don't think you'd notice much of a difference, other than more road noise in the SVJ due to less sound deadening weight. I wanted a car I could drive comfortably, and I wanted to see the engine in all it's glory whenever I wanted. I went with the S and am in the process of tastefully modifying the exterior to be more aggressive, but you should go with your gut and get what you want.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Look hard at a late model S roadster they are out there. The SVJ is rougher riding friends have them it may be the top dog but if you’re driving it a lot he certainly might not enjoy it nearly as much.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Based on your enthusiasm for an SVJ, I don't imagine the ride is going to dissuade you one bit. It didn't me. Follow your heart on this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on your enthusiasm for an SVJ, I don't imagine the ride is going to dissuade you one bit. It didn't me. Follow your heart on this one.
Appreciate all the honest responses and I can see how the SVJ would be more of a raw ride rather then the comfort in the S. I have seen a few posts with complaints of the sport seats and was so stuck on finding the right color combination I totally did not think about it. It does seems crazy for the price difference but with those exterior details its hard to overlook and don't want to regret it after the fact i'm just torn. A dealer in Chicago has an S roadster I tried to buy numerous times but they're impossible to complete a deal with and I would have been happy with that one as its the exact spec I want but guess its not meant to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Appreciate all the honest responses and I can see how the SVJ would be more of a raw ride rather then the comfort in the S. I have seen a few posts with complaints of the sport seats and was so stuck on finding the right color combination I totally did not think about it. It does seems crazy for the price difference but with those exterior details its hard to overlook and don't want to regret it after the fact i'm just torn. A dealer in Chicago has an S roadster I tried to buy numerous times but they're impossible to complete a deal with and I would have been happy with that one as its the exact spec I want but guess its not meant to be.

Clearly your heart is set on the SVJ Roadster - forget everything else and follow your heart ! Worst comes to worst, if you dont like it, sell it - seems like the price on these are going up more and more each day so I doubt you will lose any money !

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I had my SVJ, I actually missed the S roadster I had on loan from the dealer a few times. It could be that the S was a roadster vs the SVJ being a coupe but I also just love the looks of the S - super classy. I don't know that I could stomach the current price of a used SVJ roadster right now either, that's a lot of cash!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
106 Posts
SVJ hands down. It looks amazing and the wow effect it has on people - words can’t describe it. It’s the ring champ with ALA system, these cars in future will be collector cars.

To me it’s like comparing 488 spider and a Pista spider. Yes 488 is nice but Pista is stunning, rare and way more desired!

·
Registered
17 Posts
SVJ hands down. It looks amazing and the wow effect it has on people - words can’t describe it. It’s the ring champ with ALA system, these cars in future will be collector cars.

To me it’s like comparing 488 spider and a Pista spider. Yes 488 is nice but Pista is stunning, rare and way more desired!
totally agree. And buy coincidence I have the SVJ and Pista and hope to keep both for some time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The only advice I’d give is the seats. I would not get a car with racing seats. They are good for about 15 minutes, then you are suffering. Get a car with comfort seats.
And I'll say the exact opposite. I'd never consider the comfort seats. You simply bounce around too much in them when you drive spiritedly. The race seats are perfectly comfortable for myself and anyone else that has used them in real life and I've done as much as 1,000kms in a day in them.
Horse for courses. Try it out yourself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All good points to take into consideration. I’m going to have to wait and drive one with them before making a decision. I have wide shoulders so the extra room in comfort seats sounds like they may be the way to go If the sport seats are more narrow.

·
Registered
372 Posts
All good points to take into consideration. I’m going to have to wait and drive one with them before making a decision. I have wide shoulders so the extra room in comfort seats sounds like they may be the way to go If the sport seats are more narrow.
I am an ex-pro bodybuilder (super heavyweight, not a midget). My shoulders fit fine in the sport seats. But I also don't like my ass flying around on the seat either the way it does in the comfort seats.
The sport seats are only tight around the hips. They are widely open around the shoulders.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My S has Sportivo seats, they really grip you in a great for trips under 150 to 200 miles over that your butt gets sore and big time. Just got a gel seat pad to go below me the only thing is a jacks me up about an inch and a half in height so I said a little too high in the seat but it’s an easy trade-off much more comfortable now I can take a trip of 300 miles no issue. Our group in California does trips all the time sometimes or 500 to 600 miles round-trip over a couple of days so you need comfort. I’ll drive around my home in Las Vegas to and that trips never less than 150 miles if I want to blast out the death Valley on the Indy 500 Road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts