Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this car on carclassic's homepage, obviously it's a 1985 from the VIN, but it was restamped as a 1986...
http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=102571

Look exactly on the Modellyear and you can see the 'F' for 1985 under the 'G'...
http://www.carclassic.com/scripts/show_image.asp?ImageID=122951&width=640

Eric Thomassey sent me some pictures of this car 3 years ago, it seems to be a real good example.

The talking about the oil cooler is nonsense, every Jalpa had an oil cooler, but only the first ones with the fuel filler inside the engine bay had it under the water cooler in the front.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
have already seen it: beautiful, but too expensive IMO....
what do you think about it?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keeping the 32K bill of the factory in mind I doesn't look that expensive...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw this car last year at the Reims car show, I asked some questions at the owner, answers are not clear...the car was rebuilt after a fire, but it seems that this fire was for taking money from the insurance...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fire is nonsense, the Jalpa we have in the Garage from Florida had a engine fire, if you look at the pictures of FLA12211 you can see that all hoses, tubes, plug wires have the cars age, it looks like nothing was ever done on this engine!

Also the write-up of the oil cooler is an absolute nonsense, my FLA12203 has the same one, every Jalpa had the oil cooler, the first about 70 with the silhouette tail lights had it in the front under the water radiator, later with the changed engine bay/fuel intake they put the oil cooler at the right side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At first i have to say "HELLO" to all the Lambofans.
My english is very bad, but i hope you can understand me.

On this webside ...

http://www.oldtimergalerie.ch/d/auktion/Liste-Juni05.htm

...you can see some rare Lambos for sale from the "Bobnar"-Collection in the swiss. For example a Jalpa like brand new, or a Countach 25th with factory modified engine and 500 HorsePower. Take a look.
I thing, that Raymond can tell us more about this cars.

Sorry for the many mistakes in this text. It`s a long time ago, that i have written in english .... i try my best! :wave:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I never spoke about an engine fire but what the owner told me it's seems that there's an electical problem and a lot of damage on the interior, the interior on this car is from a very late Jalpa with the piping on the seat the door panels and the centre console, there's also the very late steering wheel with the enamel badge from nardi fitted...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric,
this makes sense since looking into the engine bay you see 20 year old plug wires and hoses :cool:
The interior indeed looks like new but anyway I wonder what on this car could cause a bill of 32k Euros... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Raymond,
The factory bill is 23000 € and the car price 45000 €, don't know what the factory done on this car but for me 45000 € is to much for a car with a story not clear...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Leather Roof

The interior looks pretty nice on this car. Is anyone else's roof covered with leather like that? That is pretty neat.

My car was rebuilt after a fire - here is a comparison shot. (Mines the one on the bottom - the car referenced earlier in the thread is the top photo)

I sure take a lot of heat (pun intended) for the history of this car, but it sure always seems to compare well at shows etc. I haven't ever been ashamed of it.

except maybe for that sticker residue on my valve covers. :)

I also kind of like my big, thick BMW fuel hoses WAY away from the heat too! :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I too have my Targa top interior covered in Leather!

It looks great with the top down because there is only leather surrounding you... not 70s carpet on the fire wall.

Also did a Silhouette Strip down my seats for better effect.

David

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts