Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

on my previous cars I just did the xpel on the front abs lower areas. I was wondering what most of you did and any regrets. Full car or just certain areas.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,453 Posts
It seems everyone now does the entire car, I have always just done the front along with a few other areas, never the entire car. Maybe it is the new way to go? I was always worried about discoloration and duration. I know when you wrap a car it is not meant to be left on indefinately. My installer told 2 years 3 max.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems everyone now does the entire car, I have always just done the front along with a few other areas, never the entire car. Maybe it is the new way to go? I was always worried about discoloration and duration. I know when you wrap a car it is not meant to be left on indefinately. My installer told 2 years 3 max.
the discoloration was my biggest fear. I had it on my S63 and it was fine, but I had the full front and lower areas and mirrors. I also didn’t keep the car that long. My dad has it on his huracan ( verdes ) and so far so good. My truck will be black so I have to get something. Question is full or not.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Full car all the way. For me the peace of mind is worth at least twice the cost.

1) I love the way xpel looks, and cleans up.
2) Way easier to correct any paint damage (rock chip, light door ding, someone scraping their belt buckle across it) Guy comes right to the house instead of taking it to a shop and having paint work done.
3) Unwrapped cars develop swirl marks that detract from the appearance, particularly with glossy and darker colors. Even putting on and removing the car cover creates swirls in the wax/clear coat and paint correction removes thin layers of the clear coat which over time diminishes the shine or will require repair..
4) Xpel rquires much less ongoing maintenance to keep fantastic finish.

I too only keep vehicles for a few years, so don't know about long term effects, but I assume no worse than the paint be exposed to the elements and continued polishing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Total protection for your entire vehicle investment is more beneficial. You get peace of mind when you know nothing can hurt your ride’s paint job. 360-degree protection from rocks and debris. This can give you better protection for your resale value, too, since you won’t have to worry about repairs or repainting before you trade it in. Plus, the film also protects your vehicle from things like bird droppings and tree sap. Neither of which are likely to be on the front of your vehicle only.

However, it is the more expensive paint protection options. This can cost $2,000 or more, depending on the kind of vehicle you drive. For some vehicles, this investment may not be worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.