Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve never seen one where the side bolsters were in alcantara. I hate how the leather on the side bolsters always get wrinkly fast....even in demo cars with just a few thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I’ve never seen one where the side bolsters were in alcantara. I hate how the leather on the side bolsters always get wrinkly fast....even in demo cars with just a few thousand miles.
now I can’t remember if the side bolsters were leather.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
I have never seen side bolsters in Alcantera. I also have noticed that leather seems to show wrinkles even with very few miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never seen side bolsters in Alcantera. I also have noticed that leather seems to show wrinkles even with very few miles.
Urus buyers don’t seem to mind. It’s a deal killer for me...every time I think about getting an Urus, the thought of wrinkly seats kills it for me:LOL:

·
Registered
363 Posts
No full Alcantara. Guess you’ll be looking elsewhere. LOL

Maybe when Ad Persona opens up for Urus, it could be done but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No full Alcantara. Guess you’ll be looking elsewhere. LOL

Maybe when Ad Persona opens up for Urus, it could be done but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.
Yes, I’ll have to. Can’t stand wrinkly leather lol
Probably get a GLC63....can’t even get the GLC63S because it has same leather problem. Premium leather is a negative to me

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
I would be a little concerned about wear with Alcantera on the bolsters. You would really need to be careful when sliding over them when getting in & out of the car, over time it could show wear. I try not to slide over my bolsters but rather lift myself as to not cause wear on the leather. Other than the inevitable wrinkling of the leather I think they are more durable than Alcantera.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always thought alcantara was more durable than leather. My daily driver cars have always had cheap/fake leather with alcantara and never showed any wear. I don’t think the leather bolsters in the urus can avoid getting wrinkly. Even the Evo demo I borrowed some months back had wrinkly leather on the sports seat. And it had less than 4K miles!

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Registered
754 Posts
What other SUV has full Alcantara seats? To avoid wrinkly leather, just keep it hydrated with leather conditioners and be relatively cautious when entering and exiting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Or better yet, you could just drive it and enjoy it. IT’S...JUST...A...CAR!

You trade you wife when she gets a few wrinkles too? Or surgery takes care of that. LOL

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,369 Posts
Alcantara is not a bad material but I so much prefer leather. I even went so far as to option the leather roof liner + "A" pillars. Also, unlike many of you brave souls I will only do a leather steering wheel. :giggle: Leather is just so much easier to clean and maintain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alcantara is nice on some things, but as a detailer, I'd recommend against having it on the seats. It can be difficult to keep it clean and it tends to wear faster than leather.
If you do have any alcantara covered parts in your car, here's a tip/trick on how to keep them clean. Also, feel free to reach out to me for other tips related to detailing, ceramic coatings, ppf or tint.
I'm not here offering my services, but I do like to spend my extra time talking cars and helping people take better care of their own.

First and foremost, keeping your hands clean will be important to maintaining your Alcantara.
Som people actually wear driving gloves for this reason.
Naturally, over time, the oils from your skin will start to build up in the alcantara. The easiest way to keep it clean is to put hot water in a bowl, add a splash of lemon juice and soak a microfiber towel in it. Wring the towel out until its just damp not dripping and gently wipe the alcantara with it.
The acidity of the diluted lemon juice is enough to loosen and remove oils and dirt.
Also, it may be helpful to use a soft bristled brush to gently brush the alcantara. (Something like a soft bristled toothbrush would be ideal, not too aggressive).
After wiping with the damp towel and or brushing, follow behind with a clean and dry microfiber towel to lift away any dirt or oils that the cleaning step loosened up.
I would just do this every 6 months to a year.

Best regards,

Ben

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
Ben,

What about using a product called Sonax?
Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ben,

What about using a product called Sonax?
Thanks,
Russ
Hey Russ,

Sonax makes a variety of decent consumer grade products. I would assume you're talking about the multi-purpose auto interior cleaner. This would be fine it just may not last as long as a concentrate that you can make several batches from if needed. It looks like it comes in a ready to use container.
Generally speaking, you just need to use a product that is safe and not over-powerful. Interior cleaners are usually 'all purpose' type cleaners that are alkaline on the pH scale. Also it's important that you don't spray anything directly onto a panel or seat - spray on a towel and then wipe.
Some things can even be cleaned up with a towel soaked in hot water, and when an interior is ceramic coated that's all you'll need most of the time is a wet towel.

Hope this is helpful,
Ben

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
Yes Ben, very helpful. It seems the bottom line is go light and don’t try to over clean it. Mine is still new but I know in time I will have to do some cleaning, especially the steering wheel. I actually bought a pair of leather gloves just for that purpose, but I so love the feel of the Alcantera I just can’t get myself to wear them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes Ben, very helpful. It seems the bottom line is go light and don’t try to over clean it. Mine is still new but I know in time I will have to do some cleaning, especially the steering wheel. I actually bought a pair of leather gloves just for that purpose, but I so love the feel of the Alcantera I just can’t get myself to wear them.
Yeah for the steering wheel just clean as needed every 6 months or annually using the method I mentioned above and it will be fine not to wear gloves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts