Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in love with the 2000s era sports cars, it was the golden age of car design to me as a young car enthusiast. As a design student, my all time favorite design was the Murcielago by Luc D. because it was a reductionist/subtractive design which are always the strongest design messages. The absence of ornamentation let's the mind focus on the core essence of the design and nothing was cleaner than the original Murci in a beautiful bright hue. I remember with the introduction of the LP640 and even the LP670 farewell, I thought they lost some of that essence of purity by tacking on vents and creases and gaping bodywork in the name of aerodynamics but that's where the market was headed back then. I personally was hugely disappointed at the bodykitted Murci reveal, the Reventon and basically lost interest in the brand as they chased wilder designs and drifted away from the original Murci with the sole transmission choice being E-gear. There was a low point for early Murci's where they lost about 2/3 of their value new and really made my mouth water but I talked myself out of owning one citing scary maintenance scenarios even when my friends picked them up and lived their dream. Seeing them in person is always so different than looking at pictures, they grab your heart. I guess the Covid situation pushed those of us on a fence into a mindset of now or never though and I got off the fence and into the game, and I am so glad that I did now! My car was barely driven a few hundred miles by the previous owner in almost a decade so I've already done a lot of maintenance DIY and learned not to be too afraid of this car. I'll add some pictures soon, glad to be here with you all.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
Congratulations! Love to see some photos.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thank you for the story!

Funny how the various models catch us at certain ages. Sounds like you were grabbed by the Murci at almost the same age I was grabbed by the Countach. Your story and opinions sound just like mine except the timeline and models are different.

I hope you enjoy your car! I always say you should do it sooner than later (as long as you are not creating too much financial grief for yourself).

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Congrats! Such an awesome car! Love to see some pics!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
Thank you for the story!

Funny how the various models catch us at certain ages. Sounds like you were grabbed by the Murci at almost the same age I was grabbed by the Countach. Your story and opinions sound just like mine except the timeline and models are different.

I hope you enjoy your car! I always say you should do it sooner than later (as long as you are not creating too much financial grief for yourself).
I was also grabbed by the Countach and till this it remains one of my great loves.

Reactions: Rampante21

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha glad to read all of the same feelings were had for the older cars, the countache was definitely an icon in the 80s! 😬 I added pics to the first post though they have seem to been uploaded out of order. I got the car with some vinyl and bling wheels and then undid that and added some of my own bling with the tricolore vinyl 😂 Definitely polarizing, some friends told me they hate it and I get other people telling me it’s their dream to own a Murci with a tricolore stripe, too funny. I am not really into all black everything so that’s why I added it for some color but I may change the wheels and see where that takes me. Also on the list is the 400mm Brembo BBK and perhaps an LP670 engine hatch to finish the back of the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in love with the 2000s era sports cars, it was the golden age of car design to me as a young car enthusiast. As a design student, my all time favorite design was the Murcielago by Luc D. because it was a reductionist/subtractive design which are always the strongest design messages. The absence of ornamentation let's the mind focus on the core essence of the design and nothing was cleaner than the original Murci in a beautiful bright hue. I remember with the introduction of the LP640 and even the LP670 farewell, I thought they lost some of that essence of purity by tacking on vents and creases and gaping bodywork in the name of aerodynamics but that's where the market was headed back then. I personally was hugely disappointed at the bodykitted Murci reveal, the Reventon and basically lost interest in the brand as they chased wilder designs and drifted away from the original Murci with the sole transmission choice being E-gear. There was a low point for early Murci's where they lost about 2/3 of their value new and really made my mouth water but I talked myself out of owning one citing scary maintenance scenarios even when my friends picked them up and lived their dream. Seeing them in person is always so different than looking at pictures, they grab your heart. I guess the Covid situation pushed those of us on a fence into a mindset of now or never though and I got off the fence and into the game, and I am so glad that I did now! My car was barely driven a few hundred miles by the previous owner in almost a decade so I've already done a lot of maintenance DIY and learned not to be too afraid of this car. I'll add some pictures soon, glad to be here with you all.
View attachment 306266
View attachment 306274
View attachment 306270
View attachment 306271
View attachment 306273
View attachment 306272
View attachment 306268
View attachment 306269
View attachment 306267
Congrats!!! Love early 2k exotics, but I’m biased lol

·
Vendor
71 Posts
View attachment 306266
View attachment 306274
View attachment 306270
View attachment 306271
View attachment 306273
View attachment 306272
View attachment 306268
View attachment 306269
View attachment 306267
Wow so sweet! Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,659 Posts
OP, Welcome, Congratulations and Stunning! I am glad you took the leap, time is not on anyone side especially in our present world situation, Carpe Diem!

Reactions: Zen_Garage

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! Is there a build thread section here or should I just post here for anyone to follow along? Just had 2 Larini exhausts arrive so probably going to let one go but they are so beautiful I have to post the pics here! The one with the dimpled heat shield and rod supports is the latest and greatest build to order inconel GT2 exhaust. Inconel has higher strength than the stainless steel at high temperatures of course so a very durable product born from racing.
Product Material property Sewing machine Bicycle part Metal

Bag Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Gas Wicker

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,659 Posts
OP, it is indeed a work of art but one suggestion you also may want to post it in the classified section of the forum for greater exposure. Best of luck with the sale!

Reactions: Zen_Garage
1 - 20 of 26 Posts