Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone taken the fuel tank out of there Diablo..

Wheel arch liner is out and im about to take the wishbone/suspension off.. Can the side skirt stay on or will it have to come off as well

My SV is tank is leaking so it needs to come out... Any helpfull tips or advice would be appreciated...

Carlo

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Do you know where it is leaking? My tank was leaking when it was filled to the top. It was the access hole on the top of the tank. I was able to get at it without removing the tank and replace the gasket.

·
Registered
331 Posts
carlo said:
Anyone taken the fuel tank out of there Diablo..

Wheel arch liner is out and im about to take the wishbone/suspension off.. Can the side skirt stay on or will it have to come off as well

My SV is tank is leaking so it needs to come out... Any helpfull tips or advice would be appreciated...

Carlo
Carlo,
The petrol tanks on my QV was leaking/sweating in 1994/95 at the bottom surface of both alu tanks. I managed to stop the leaks permanently with Wurth Metal on tube. I rubbed/sanded the actual area and cleaned with acetone before applying the metal. Not a leak ever since. Just an idea if you want to avoid dropping the tanks! ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive checked all around everything that is visable but cant see anything but what is dripping out of the floor panel.... The only way is for the tank to come out...

Carlo

·
Registered
331 Posts
carlo said:
Ive checked all around everything that is visable but cant see anything but what is dripping out of the floor panel.... The only way is for the tank to come out...

Carlo
Carlo,
I realize you have to remove the floor panel(s) to access the tank bottom.
That's at least what I had to do to find the leak!
The metal is called Wurth FE1, expensive but indeed a good quality product! :)
P/N 0893449
http://www.wurth.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi there buddy. My friend has same problems like what you have experienced with your Fuel Tank. He just hired a local mechanic..
Any chance this the mechanic can be contacted for Carlo? Sounds like he's in jam and could use some helpful advice. Maybe "PM" Carlo with a phone number to the mech. if the mech. is willing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts