Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is very small fuel leak from the fuel rail and I believe there is an o ring inside needs to be replaced . there’s also a pin to be removed . Has anyone open this rail before ? Can you pls share ? We are trying to remove the pin to change the oring inside but seems that it’s not possible to remove the pin .

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
i studied that on my car, but decided not to pull it apart. I wish i could help, keep us posted.

you have the rail off the manifold? i dont remember seeing a pin, but i would start by pulling it off the injectors, disconnecting fuel lines,etc

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
There is very small oil leak from the fuel rail and I believe there is an o ring inside needs to be replaced . there’s also a pin to be removed . Has anyone open this rail before ? Can you pls share ? We are trying to remove the pin to change the oring inside but seems that it’s not possible to remove the pin .

May I ask… why is oil required in the fuel rails?

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Leslie, per the parts diagram that is one solid piece and is not able to be further disassembled. That pin is intragal to the fuel rail itself and there’s not a separate part. I wonder if a shop might be able to take it apart for you and rebuild it because the rail itself is not cheap.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is it a rivet?
Looks like a bench job, but be prepared to purchase a new rail as mentioned above.
Definity would test before re-installing, which test may be a DIY/ home garage challenge.
Let us know and good luck.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's a roll pin that holds those fittings in. Best way is to use a roll pin puller which is like a mini slide hammer that screws into the hole in the pin. You could also maybe try an Easy Out tool. Thank you for posting about this. It brought to my attention that this could be an issue so I will go ahead and replace those orings now since my rails are out and I'm replacing everything else. It's best to avoid any fuel leaks on the top of the motor! 😁

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Now that I think of it, Roy cats had a fuel rail split and that Diablo went up in flames. It is a significant safety issue and if it’s leaking of course you must fix it. Would love to see your solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts