Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed it just isn't the Diablo that hasn't got somewhere to put the fuel cap when filling the car with petrol. It seems to be most models. As I don't know your model thread pattern and whether it is a male or female fuel cap, I am posting what I did for my car and I hope you can utilise this idea and adapt it if need be.

The reason for making this fuel cap holder for my car is I am sick and tired of having to keep an eye on the fuel cap when it is sitting on the fuel bowser. People for some reason want to pick it up and it will only be a matter of time before it goes home with someone as a present.

I will give a full description with pictures of what I purchased and process to install.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is required for this fuel cap holder is-
1. 32mm pvc end cap (white).
2. 50mm poly threaded end cap with 32mm hole in middle (black).

Cut 14mm of thread off the poly threaded end cap.
Stick the pvc end cap into the cut off thread and glue. Have the cap flat on the bench and push the 14mm of thread over the cap to the bottom.
Once dry, cut off the pvc end cap at the thread.
Drill 8mm hole in bottom (that is if you have a bolt to hold it on but if not, you can use 3m tape or some glue to stick it on the fuel flap).
Paint black (optional).

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install on this bolt. Not sure of what bolt is on your fuel flap, if there is one. You may need to double side tape it on or use some silicone.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cut off 14mm of thread off of the threaded end cap. I placed the 32mm cap inside the cut off thread and removed the excess 32mm cap. Then it was painted matt black.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the pic with the side measurement. It is 14mm. You only need a couple of threads for it to hold but I went a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope this helps the owners who want to make these. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your flap doesn't have a bolt, you will have to stick the holder on the flap. You can use a few products to stick this on.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This 3M double sided tape will work. Remember, you only need to turn the fuel cap a thread or two. Just enough to hold.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts