Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have for sale a used but in great condition 2004 Gallardo passenger side rear drive shaft (With CV joints etc)
I purchased this because my rear end was clicking after I changed the rear diff fluid.... Turns out, it was not the drive shaft that was clicking and it was in fact the fluid I put in the rear diff. (DO NOT USE ROYAL PURPLE)

Anyway, this is boxed and ready to ship to anyone who may need it. I paid something like $500 for it plus shipping.
But I have no use for it as I have sold my G and this is sitting around. $100 plus shipping takes it home.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Interested, where are you located? Also, how did you figure it was passenger side and not driver side?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, there was nothing wrong with either side. Instead of the $13 a bottle VW fluid I thought I would treat my car to the $40 a bottle Royal Purple when I changed the diff fluid. Apparently the Royal Purple has some anti slip additive that causes the clutch plates in the diff to bind and make cracking noises. When I would turn and put pressure on the passenger side rear I would get the rotating cracking noise. TO me that noise is always associated to a diff. So I changed the diff and it was still there.

Then someone on the forum told me it was the diff fluid I put in. I changed the diff fluid and that was exactly what it was. I did a post about it probably 3 yeas ago if you want to verify.

Anyway, This part is for the passenger side rear. Let me know if you want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts