Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure what to title this tread. I just picked up a 2015 LP 610-4 and have noticed when turning sharp at low speed the front wheels seem to skid for that lack of a better way to describe it. It kinda reminds me of how a 4x4 truck acts if it's in 4 wheel drive and I am turning sharply.

Anyone else experience the same thing? Is this due to the all wheel drive?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wasn't sure what to title this tread. I just picked up a 2015 LP 610-4 and have noticed when turning sharp at low speed the front wheels seem to skid for that lack of a better way to describe it. It kinda reminds me of how a 4x4 truck acts if it's in 4 wheel drive and I am turning sharply.

Anyone else experience the same thing? Is this due to the all wheel drive?
I get this happening on the Gallardo when the front is lifted and I do a sharp turn at low speeds.
I have also noticed when on a hoist with all wheels off the ground, if I spin one of the front wheels the back wheels start to turn.
That shouldnt happen as the front diff is open - or should be, until the rear wheels loose traction.
Lambo's, gotta love them.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Very common and even worse when tires are cold

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes, AWD does that. It should not be noticeable during normal driving. Just in parking lots ect.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Summer performance tires don’t like cool weather so yea will do on RWD also

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
What on earth would cold tyres have anything to do with it?
Summer tires become very hard in cold weather. Once temps warm up the "juddering" pretty much stops

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the tires. The PZeros are awful, especially in the cold. I switched to Michellin Pilot Sport 4S on my perf, and now on my SV and its night and day. No more front wheel skid at all, even in very cold temps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts