Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a pre-lp Gallardo (I think they're different) front undertray out of aluminum or other material? I have aluminum one on a McLaren. Are the factory ones very intricate and hard to replicate? I can't find any detailed photos. Looks like factory new runs $1-2k after shipping. Can't find any used ones (leads welcome!)

Thank you!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Has anyone made a pre-lp Gallardo (I think they're different) front undertray out of aluminum or other material? I have aluminum one on a McLaren. Are the factory ones very intricate and hard to replicate? I can't find any detailed photos. Looks like factory new runs $1-2k after shipping. Can't find any used ones (leads welcome!)

Thank you!!

The factory ones are made out of a composite like fiberglass and are very rigid and light. I doubt you’d get much improvement in weight by replacing it. Is there another reason you’re considering a change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good to know. Yes, not too focused on weight, just on price. The McLaren undertray was super simple shape and pretty much just the cost of the sheet aluminum. From what I can tell the gallardo one is definitely more complicated but hoping can be made for much less than $1-2k for a new one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ok good to know. Yes, not too focused on weight, just on price. The McLaren undertray was super simple shape and pretty much just the cost of the sheet aluminum. From what I can tell the gallardo one is definitely more complicated but hoping can be made for much less than $1-2k for a new one.
So is yours missing? The dismantler who bought my old car had that part and it was undamaged from the fire. He had a bunch of the parts for sale here. I'd check with him if you need one still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts