Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Evo sits higher then a 580 to me and the same is true with the lift up. Unless you drive or live near some precarious roads. I don't think it's necessary. In 17k miles on my 580 I only lightly scraped the rubber lip underneath a handful of times. This lip is designed for protection by giving you an audible "scraping" noise without doing any damage.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was thinking about the same thing for my STO. Here in the Northeast it's like navigating a mine field.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use Sliplo on all my cars that are lowered/low front lip.
It's a piece of mind scraping the plastic than any carbon pieces.
During black friday, they have buy one get one and under $100 for two packs.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I wouldnt bother, here is underside of my 2015 Huracan after a couple years of driving on our horrible Boston area roads and no marks. I do hear it scrape sometimes but it's that plastic air dam strip you hear and cheap to replace that if you want. Have put about 5k miles now on my Evo and and no marks on that either
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,886 Posts
So far I haven't had any problems with scrapping as long as I remember to raise the front end.

Reactions: NH_to_CA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Sliplo on all my cars that are lowered/low front lip.
It's a piece of mind scraping the plastic than any carbon pieces.
During black friday, they have buy one get one and under $100 for two packs.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
OH this is excellent. Thanks for this. I think I'll get this instead of scrape armor. I want to install it on delivery day and I think this would be much quicker with the VHB

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was thinking about the same thing for my STO. Here in the Northeast it's like navigating a mine field.
Same here with the STO. I have a lift package and live in flat FL, but if I track this beast, some of these tracks can get rather bumpy. Small price to pay to prevent having to replace the cofango.

My understanding is they are double-taped on.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Just curious does body use this type of protection?

View attachment 305709
Hey! Depending if you need a front license plate the EezePlate would be a great alternative to this skid plate. It will mount your licence plate without drilling, just bolts into oem holes and protects the underside of the front lip as well! And it’s cheaper than this product, check it out! Can also mount a go pro to the mount as well instead of a license plate.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,886 Posts
Same here with the STO. I have a lift package and live in flat FL, but if I track this beast, some of these tracks can get rather bumpy. Small price to pay to prevent having to replace the cofango.

My understanding is they are double-taped on.
On the STO it is a different story, I would agree cheep insurance against a potential disaster. I would do it for sure.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
I have used the SlipLo and it is a great product and reasonable priced and super easy to install, see attached. No drilling required which for me is a big plus.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I bought the skid plate from Shardul at UltimatePD for under $300. Took less than 2 hours to install with a Rivet gun from Amazon. I had an Autocross event and didn't want to scrape the front bottoming out. The 580 has a tendency to squat on tight cornering.

Roads here are horrible after heavy rains. This morning I drove my Huracan past a pothole 4 feet in diameter that was 4-6 inches deep.

Instead of repairing the potholes, the City sprays white paint around the edges of the pothole. Guess what washes off after the next heavy rain?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
I don't have a thickness measurement but you may be able to ferret it out off their webpage and if not call them and ask. I will tell you it is more than thick enough for its intended purpose.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts