Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-Im new to the group.Im an American living in Central Mexico(Guadalarajra area)Im in the market now for a Gallardo Or Murcielago. Thing is our roads out here are THE WORST. My home is UP in the hills, and highly cobblestoned. Can anyone tell me how well the lift system works. I had a 348TS a few years back in LA and I went through too many spoilers. Does either model come with skid plates, etc. Any help would be hot.

THX

Reuben

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
it's hydraulic and raises the car 4,5cm = 1,9 inches

·
Registered
76 Posts
agusta109e said:
I had a 348TS a few years back in LA and I went through too many spoilers. Does either model come with skid plates, etc.
The Gallardo comes with a sacrificial metal strip under the spoiler, which makes contact with the ground before the the spoiler.

I've never had the spoiler scrape on the ground, but it doesn't take too much of an incline (driveway entrance, underground car park etc) for the strip to touch. It sounds horrible when it does though!

A bit of common sense is needed though. You soon get to know what you can get over and what you can't. I know of one car that has had the strip ripped completely off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You cant drive more than 40mph with the front end raised. So at speed, this might be a problem ?

Do your other cars scrape the road? If not, then when raised you probably will be OK

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
You also cannot drive a raised Lambo over rough roads. You will eventually cause the shocks to leak. The lifting system is only designed to get you in and out of steep driveways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cobblestoned to daring!

YellowMurci said:
do you have a problem with driveways or the streets in general .... are the roads paved or are you very daring?
Im very daring, steep climb up in the foothils, lousy climb up my driveway then very steep down to my parking level. IM gonna be sick!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts