Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I've been to see what looks like the perfect LP560 for me, there's a few cosmetic issues like very light stone chips but they're going to be rectified.

Does anyone know what the width of the car is with the mirrors folded in is, as it has pointy bits sticking out, I have a narrow 50 meter long alleyway with high walls that leads into the garage, the allyway in it's narrowest point is 2225mm the car with the mirrors out is 2165 according to the manual, so you can see my dilemma

Many thanks

B

·
Registered
127 Posts
You only gain about 4" on each side of the car with the mirrors folded in I believe. I can get detailed measurements later this evening but it isn't a world of difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@crusingeek yes please that would be really useful, if you can get the measurements from the widest point with the mirrors folded that would be ideal.

BTW if your the same guy on youTube the videos are awesome and really really informative, have helped loads during my research.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on my videos. I have fun making them and am glad they have been helpful to others.

I measured 78" across. Here's some pictures of my measurements: I taped up a strap and measured that. Not a perfect measurement but should be good enough.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Rectangle Tool Tape measure Wood Art

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks CG for getting back to me, so from folded point A to folded point B your looking at 78 inches right?

I asked the dealer selling the car (before I saw this reply) if he could measure it, and said it's 213cn (c83 inches) tbh I'm not sure 83inches sounds right.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
429 Posts
I had a 997.1 in my garage since 2010 (also the car I believe you're replacing) and sadly gone, but replaced w/ an LP560 in January. The first thing I noticed is this car is shorter than the Porsche but slightly wider. I found myself turning the mirrors in when entering/exiting the garage, something you can't do with the 997. I think that actually makes it about the same or slightly narrower than the 911. Now that I've grown accustomed to the extra width, I don't turn them in anymore. I don't think you'll have any problem, worst case scenario is you'll have to turn the mirrors in at least until you get used to the extra width. You don't need them driving down a single lane alley anyway ❗ BTW, I love what you said in @eaks post. Totally agree 100%. I wanted the open air feeling of a ragtop and was looking for a Turbo Convertible. Turns out I MUCH prefer the Porsche with a roof, the convertible is 'too open' and the resulting Lengthy search led me to one of these cars. At this level, performance differences are measured in a few tenths of a second. What is more noticeable is the 'Theatre', event experience. I have never driven anything remotely dramatic as this.... with that 8000 rpm singing V10 right behind my head with absolutely nothing to obstruct the sound coming from back there...............

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks CG for getting back to me, so from folded point A to folded point B your looking at 78 inches right?

I asked the dealer selling the car (before I saw this reply) if he could measure it, and said it's 213cn (c83 inches) tbh I'm not sure 83inches sounds right.
You can see the first pic how I did the measurement. I taped up the floppy blue strap to the car so that the one side started at the tip of the folded-in mirror. I then used the red tape to mark where the tip was on the other side. I took it off the car and measured. Note: I just eye-balled where the strap hit the end of the mirror so it could be off by an inch or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts