Lamborghini Talk banner

Forza Exhaust Valve controller installed on STO

37K views 195 replies 43 participants last post by  ClubIsolation 
#1 ·
So my Forza exhaust valve controller arrived today.

I wanted to install it but had dinner plans with my wife. My son had come home because he caught Covid so gave him a job to do.

He said it took about 10 minutes to install. 15 minutes to find the solenoid.

It’s well built.

From my perspective this is the perfect solution to the delayed valve opening. Works great as I just tried it out. Won’t be able to get any driving videos because now we are in the middle of snowstorm.

Will try to take a video in the garage.He are some pics so you get an ideas where it’s placed. Also included a pic of the text my son sent me that he completed his job for the evening, lol.

Hood Automotive lighting Purple Violet Automotive design

Shoe Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#6 ·
Garage goals.
Lets hope this is the last of the snow so we can make a video of stock vs valve controller.
thanks man. This current storm is such a mess.

let’s hope we can all get together soon

The Forza controller sits in the engine bay, correct? Any issues if it gets wet?
Yes, its not supposed to get wet. That’s why it was placed there. Other electronics are in that vicinity and seems to be a safe location

That is one big dog. I’m guessing 150+ lbs?
She’s a 120-130lbs GSD. Will be 14 this year. She is our last one from Germany. My second best dog. Her mate was the best dog i have ever had the privilege to care for. He passed last summer. He won almost every competition he entered globally ScH 3/IPO 3. Their last puppy sold for $30K.
Nice work fastmd.
Thanks brother.

#9 ·
This may have been covered elsewhere, but I am assuming that the controller for the stock exhaust valves have their own fuse. Before I installed a remote exhaust controller on my car, I wanted to see how much of a difference it would be so I just pulled the fuse that held them closed. After I was satisfied that the improved exhaust note was acceptable, I ordered the kit form the UK and installed it in five minutes.

It may be worth checking to see if a simple fuse pull is possible before removing hoses and bumpers as some have had to do. Just a thought.

#31 ·
Got mine also..just need a car:)

• Haha
Reactions: Lambo18Feb
#32 ·
I actually got my answer from my service advisor and from Forza. "On normally aspirated vehicles, no harm will come to drive with the valves closed all the time. Keep in mind, though, that with the valves closed the ultimate horsepower will be less due to the increased back pressure in the exhaust system. This would only be noticed when you are running at very high engine RPM. For highway driving, the power required to maintain speed is low and the always closed option is an ideal way to reduce the droning effect."

My Service Advisor confirmed this along with the technicians.

#53 ·
I did notice something weird and you all can chime in about it. The jumper switch inside that allows the valve controller to stay open during startup…. Seems to be reverting back to ecu control or eventually closing back up. I am not sure why this is happening but I have noticed it a number of times. Anyone else see this

#62 ·
It’s done it to mine over and over and over again. Not worried. Kinda trying to figure when it does this cause once I hit the button again I don’t have to worry about it til possible I turn it off then back on, or possible over an extended period of time. Or possibly from switch back and forth modes it resets. Not exactly sure

#64 ·
Ok y’all I have confirmed and reproduced it over and over just now

The jumper for always open is NOT working. We need to put it back to ecu control and just open it up when we get in the car each time. The particulate filters have sensor and that is causing the valves to do a sweep check for values when we turn the car off. At this point it’s getting confused because power is killed inline for a moment it resets the controller. Therefore it won’t work with our vehicles so to keep the valves from dancing around while it’s shut off, put the jumper back to ecu control. Steve at Forza helped me figure this all out and he is willing to refund. But I say no way. It works great, luv the product. No errors or issues but that single jumper to alway stay open. No biggie and for the price it’s still a win win.

#65 ·
Ok y’all I have confirmed and reproduced it over and over just now

The jumper for always open is NOT working. We need to put it back to ecu control and just open it up when we get in the car each time. The particulate filters have sensor and that is causing the valves to do a sweep check for values when we turn the car off. At this point it’s getting confused because power is killed inline for a moment it resets the controller. Therefore it won’t work with our vehicles so to keep the valves from dancing around while it’s shut off, put the jumper back to ecu control. Steve at Forza helped me figure this all out and he is willing to refund. But I say no way. It works great, luv the product. No errors or issues but that single jumper to alway stay open. No biggie and for the price it’s still a win win.
[/QUOTE
Steve indicated he had another controller that may be better suited for the STO, did he mention the pricing on that other unit?