Lamborghini Talk banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2018 H. Perfomante and 2021 H. STO
22 Posts
Thanks to a member on this forum, I was able to easily install the controller! Wow, what a difference, i have it open at all times without the remote! It is as loud as my Perf and IMHO, it sounds better than the Perf just because it shifts and downshifts much faster than the Perf so it sounds super aggressive. It has less crackles and pops on downshifts as the Perf but I like that. I’ve always said that the Perf is the best car I’ve ever drove….well, not any more! The STO is another leap ahead!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys im newbie to here. Got my STO 2 weeks ago n figured out the exhaust valve issue compared to my previous Performante. I ordered the Forza valve controller kit n spent 2 hours to find the right plug but failed.... anyone can really show which and where is the plug i should insert the controller in between? ur generous help much appreciate. Save my STO plz...

Forza that install menu may not suit non-engineer, maybe im over-estimate my DIY ability...

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
38 Posts
Hi guys im newbie to here. Got my STO 2 weeks ago n figured out the exhaust valve issue compared to my previous Performante. I ordered the Forza valve controller kit n spent 2 hours to find the right plug but failed.... anyone can really show which and where is the plug i should insert the controller in between? ur generous help much appreciate. Save my STO plz...

Forza that install menu may not suit non-engineer, maybe im over-estimate my DIY ability...
Hi,

Mine just arrived but I haven’t done it yet thou I’ve done my best to understand how to install it (which is pretty simple), apart from telling you where the exact location of the solenoid is (which I think I figured out) I’ll explain everything and if I’m wrong please do tell so I won’t make those mistakes myself as well :)
Plus I saw a few people couldn’t really understand the manual so once I’ll be with the car and install it I’ll add a guide with plenty of pics for other people who plan on doing a DIY.
If you don’t know how the solenoid looks search on google in advance.
So once you locate the solenoid, which I believe is located on the far right side of the engine bay kind of above the wheel well (if someone could add a pic of the exact location or explanation, it would be way easier for me/us to find it), it’s just a matter of connecting the provided long cable to the controller and to the 2 short cables, then you’ll need to disconnect the ECU cable from the solenoid and connect it back to one of matching short cables and connect the other short cable to the solenoid itself (the order doesn’t really matter), once it’s all done you’re only left with connecting the ground (green wire) of the controller to the car properly and secure everything in place and that’s about it you’re done, just put the switch on and check if the red LED is on then turn the car on and check the valves with the remote and if everything works you’re done, else check the manual for troubleshooting!
Disclaimer do it at your own risk lol thou I don’t really see much room for error, but please do read the manual as it does have a few important notes, tips and explanations!!
And a side note, I have seen that the two cables for the on off switch are exposed so I recommend sealing them off prior to the install, which I intend to do.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
38 Posts
I’ve found this video
Even thou it’s a first gen and a different device I didn’t see any significant difference between this one and the STO/forza controller, plus the placement of the solenoid seems to pretty much match my prediction regarding its placement and there’s an explanation regarding the ground placement (0:20-0:50). If someone whose done it to their STO can confirm this it would be fantastic!
Either way I’ll be with the car in 3/4 days and I’ll be able to give an update on everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would totally show you with a video on here but this forum doesn’t allow for videos that I am aware of. And I would need to upload a vid and that’s hard for me. But if you text me 925-353-6330…. I would be happy to send you a video . All the best and congrats on your STO
Thank you so much for that video! Hugh help!!! Made it quick and easy

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed mine last week. Took me a couple hours to find the solenoid and get it disconnected but it really is a 10-15 minute job once you know what you're looking for.

Steve from Forza is really helpful. The controller is well constructed and works. Also comes with everything you need for the install.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
I installed mine last week. Took me a couple hours to find the solenoid and get it disconnected but it really is a 10-15 minute job once you know what you're looking for.

Steve from Forza is really helpful. The controller is well constructed and works. Also comes with everything you need for the install.
What improvement in did you notice with Forza controller with the engine note? Degree of improvement?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
nothing changes above 5k RPM. All it does is make the exhaust a little more aggressive in lower RPMs. Car should have been like this in the first place, the Performante didn’t need a valve controller.
Fantastic and that is all I hoped for. The Forza controller for $385 is an inexpensive but exquisite solution to the valve closure < 4500 rpms. Regarding the Performante that predates my interest in Lamborghini, and honestly I am not be a fan of AWD models so, I probably wouldn't have pursued that model anyway.
Truth be told I have never found nor will I ever find the perfect Sports Car..........there is always a little wool in the suit. Case in point is my EVO RWD with its compromised MMI but I have made peace with said limitations because the EVO meets or exceeds my expectations according to all the other metrics that are important to me. It is my hope that the STO, although, not perfect will knock it out of the park..........or at least score a home run. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad to see u guys successfully installed but still i failed to spot which is the correct plug in the engine bay area. May i ask for your helping hand to shoot few pictures n share in here? I tried my best already…

121 - 132 of 132 Posts