·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,659 Posts
Also
A (stock mode)
B (always open)
C (closed)
I guess we all choose B. Isn't that the setting at startup as programed by Steve from Forza? At least that is what I understood @SortedSuperCars to have posted in the recent past.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm looking to install the Forza controller just so on cold starts, the valves open in Sport/Corsa.

I took this video below to show how in Sport/Corsa the valves stay closed upon a cold start for ~30 seconds

·
Registered
394 Posts
Depending on where the jumper is in what position determines which button A/B is open or close. If you swap the jumper to revert back to stock when the car is turned off the open and close buttons will reverse in relation to A/B. If your controller is reverting back to closed…. Switch the jumper and it will remain open…. And vice versa.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I'm looking to install the Forza controller just so on cold starts, the valves open in Sport/Corsa.

I took this video below to show how in Sport/Corsa the valves stay closed upon a cold start for ~30 seconds
Do they open in Strada on cold start on your car? What mode were you in shooting that video? You say Sport/Corsa - which one was it?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Do they open in Strada on cold start on your car? What mode were you in shooting that video? You say Sport/Corsa - which one was it?
It was filmed in Corsa but I’ve done a cold start in Sport and it does the same thing… Valve is closed for 30 seconds. I wonder what fuse the valves are on, if it’s dedicated just pull it

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
It was filmed in Corsa but I’ve done a cold start in Sport and it does the same thing… Valve is closed for 30 seconds
Odd. I'm going to try mine this morning in Corsa and see what happens. I have a 2020 AWD. I'm wondering if Lamborghini changed that just to have the car quieter on start up in Sport/Corsa. I'll know in a bit and post back to let you know. What about Strada - have you tried that yet?

For the record I always start in Strada and it's loud then it quiets down after thirty seconds. Then I get down the street and switch to Corsa. That's been the way I've always done it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Odd. I'm going to try mine this morning in Corsa and see what happens. I have a 2020 AWD. I'm wondering if Lamborghini changed that just to have the car quieter on start up in Sport/Corsa. I'll know in a bit and post back to let you know. What about Strada - have you tried that yet?
In Strada the valves are closed until higher RPM’s while driving. In all modes while Parked and in N, I can’t rev it past 3500 RPM’s… kinda lame

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
In Strada the valves are closed until higher RPM’s while driving. In all modes while Parked and in N, I can’t rev it past 3500 RPM’s… kinda lame
I meant are the valves open on cold start? I need to check that next but I just started my car in Corsa and it does the same as yours. So I can't do a cold start again until tomorrow. I never paid attention to this because I always start my car in Strada as I said earlier then change to Corsa once out of my neighborhood. Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I meant are the valves open on cold start? I need to check that next but I just started my car in Corsa and it does the same as yours. So I can't do a cold start again until tomorrow. I never paid attention to this because I always start my car in Strada as I said earlier then change to Corsa once out of my neighborhood. Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out.
In cold start on my 2022 RWD, in Strata, Sport, Corsa the exhaust valves stay closed for ~30 seconds. Only in Sport and Corsa do they open after ~30 seconds after cold starting. This is the only reason I'd install for Forza is to have the valves open upon start up.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
In cold start on my 2022 RWD, in Strata, Sport, Corsa the exhaust valves stay closed for ~30 seconds. Only in Sport and Corsa do they open after ~30 seconds after cold starting. This is the only reason I'd install for Forza is to have the valves open upon start up.
Then I'm sure mine does the same. Seems loud enough to me on cold start in any of those modes then it switches after thirty seconds. Doesn't bother me but were all different. I would check into it a little further before going ahead. Lamborghini may have a reason for it being closed on start up. Maybe something to do with back pressure and letting the engine warm for those thirty seconds before switching. Just speculation on my part but might be worth looking into before you do it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Then I'm sure mine does the same. Seems loud enough to me on cold start in any of those modes then it switches after thirty seconds. Doesn't bother me but were all different. I would check into it a little further before going ahead. Lamborghini may have a reason for it being closed on start up. Maybe something to do with back pressure and letting the engine warm for those thirty seconds before switching. Just speculation on my part but might be worth looking into before you do it.
I had a very early model C8 Corvette and in its sport/track modes, it opened the valves right away upon cold start, it was pretty aggressive and I loved how it sounded. I bet Lamborghini has the valves shut for ~30 seconds due to decibel requirements since its a higher rev during the initial cold start, it would be quite loud... which I would prefer :)

·
Registered
2018 H. Perfomante and 2021 H. STO
22 Posts
Anyone post a video of how to install this Forza controller on the STO? I’m terrible when it comes to reading instructions plus you guys definitely have me more confused than ever after reading these posts so a video would help!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would totally show you with a video on here but this forum doesn’t allow for videos that I am aware of. And I would need to upload a vid and that’s hard for me. But if you text me 925-353-6330…. I would be happy to send you a video . All the best and congrats on your STO

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
There are lots of videos on this forum, in fact post #106 on this page is a video.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts