Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I wish I knew what a jumper is lol. My dealer installed mine.
That makes two of us. :giggle: A picture is often worth a thousand words...........

Registered
This is the jumper . It basically connects two of the three pins on the circuit board and acts like a switch. Center and left pin in open always. And center and right pin is ecu control. It鈥檚 opposite to the way this manual says. That鈥檚 all I am trying to say in a nut shell. This switch determines whether the valves stay open all the time or reset to ecu control after the car is turned off then back on. Which would start the car with the valves closed in Sto mode stock. That鈥檚 the difference. So you don鈥檛 have to open the valves each time you get in the car and start it

Registered
Lamb2018. If your controller is as shipped it will be set to always open on startup. That is the only difference. If you want to have it revert back closed when you turn the car off, you will need to switch that jumper.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Lamb2018. If your controller is as shipped it will be set to always open on startup. That is the only difference. If you want to have it revert back closed when you turn the car off, you will need to switch that jumper.
:giggle: No my friend, sounds good to me! The noisier the better.

Registered
Please be aware,

On a 2022 you will not hear the valves open and close at idle with the valve controller. The 22 valves are reprogrammed stock differently then a 21 for louder db in Sto mode (start closed, idle open, then closes 2200, then reopens 4500) . Therefore you must rev it at idle to 2300 rpm , when they close in Sto mode on 22, to see the change take place with button. It is working. Just beware you will not hear the change unless your driving or you rev it up in park, 2300 rpm, and switch the button. All the best

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Please be aware,

On a 2022 you will not hear the valves open and close at idle with the valve controller. The 22 valves are reprogrammed stock differently then a 21 for louder db in Sto mode (start closed, idle open, then closes 2200, then reopens 4500) . Therefore you must rev it at idle to 2300 rpm , when they close in Sto mode on 22, to see the change take place with button. It is working. Just beware you will not hear the change unless your driving or you rev it up in park, 2300 rpm, and switch the button. All the best
The other day I started up my EVO and the wife jumped while in the garage and staring at me when I fired it up..................hoping, at least, for the same impact with my STO. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Debian

Registered
Please be aware,

All that nonsense is absurd. The had perfection in the form of the Performante. It鈥檚 complete madness that they would jack around with valves, or anything exhaust related.

Premium Member
All that nonsense is absurd. The had perfection in the form of the Performante. It鈥檚 complete madness that they would jack around with valves, or anything exhaust related.
That's what concerns me about the Tecnica. Maybe Lambo is forcing a slow burn on tempering down exhaust noise for upcoming regulations and they started with the STO. What if the Tecnica turns out to be a worse situation then the STO? A very real possibility. There might even be a GPF on US Tecnicas. After all Ferrari has them on the F8 and other US cars right now.

Registered
They had to change to exhaust in the Sto to conform to euro 4 emissions which took place on every 21 and up. Therefore they have an extra particulate filter. This is what I am found out through research, I could be wrong but these were my findings. I find the exhaust on the Sto very refined and nice sounding

Registered
They had to change to exhaust in the Sto to conform to euro 4 emissions which took place on every 21 and up. Therefore they have an extra particulate filter. This is what I am found out through research, I could be wrong but these were my findings. I find the exhaust on the Sto very refined and nice sounding
Any experience with the Performante? I hate to beat a dead horse, but it鈥檚 a couple orders of magnitude better than the STO. I agree with the refined and nice sounding characterization. I鈥檓 just not sure that would be my target with for the 鈥渞ace car for the street鈥 ethos.

Registered
Yes. I had a Performante for many years until i sold it in anticipation for my Sto. The Sto is light years ahead of the Performante is so many ways. I don鈥檛 want to bore you with technical bs as to why, but it is in every way. Again the decibel of the exhaust is out of their hands. It must conform to new euro 4 regulations and db rules or we won鈥檛 have an STO at all. There are ways to make it as loud as you wish. That鈥檚 the easy part

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Yes. I had a Performante for many years until i sold it in anticipation for my Sto. The Sto is light years ahead of the Performante is so many ways. I don鈥檛 want to bore you with technical bs as to why, but it is in every way. Again the decibel of the exhaust is out of their hands. It must conform to new euro 4 regulations and db rules or we won鈥檛 have an STO at all. There are ways to make it as loud as you wish. That鈥檚 the easy part
I have never owned a Performante but I was wondering how the exhaust note of the EVO compares to the STO + Forza?

If anyone else knows please feel free to chime in.

Registered
Big shout out to SortedSuperCar and a very appreciated thank you..

Had a problem with a Forza Exhaust valve install not working correctly. I texted him on a Saturday morning, he call me in about 1/2 hour. He was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and patient.
We figured out what was wrong and viola perfection. This was on ag07's 22 STO.

This isn't the first time I've spoke with Forum members. But I just wanted to say this is an Awesome helpful forum.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
@Sal agree about the helpful forum members, and especially about @SortedSuperCars. He has a high level of technical expertise that he has shared freely with the forum to our collective benefit.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts