Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Watched Discovery last night with Jeremy what's his name?? He had the new car on the track, and it looked great. The only thing I didn't like was that it uses a supercharged pickup truck engine, and that although very fast, it was quite civilized according to him. He loved it though.

I think Ford blew it by not being more serious about cost's and production to give the Corvette a serious challenge!

·
Banned
183 Posts
I've read that the car is a total junker. Multiple recalls, at this point i think a huge portion of the cars are really just refurbished half pieces of the original

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the time it was restored '70 to '73 it was not possible to buy new parts, the only way to make it a nice and correct car was to repair / restore the original components.

That's why much of the car wrecked did survive.

All the best.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Serpentine said:
I've read that the car is a total junker. Multiple recalls, at this point i think a huge portion of the cars are really just refurbished half pieces of the original
And if they give up on it and don't fix all the problems, that makes Ford an even bigger laughing stock than it is now. They've got allot of credibility riding on this car, but I don't think they're commited to it, what a shame.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Watched Discovery last night with Jeremy what's his name?? He had the new car on the track, and it looked great. The only thing I didn't like was that it uses a supercharged pickup truck engine, and that although very fast, it was quite civilized according to him. He loved it though.
Watched it too. Noticed they claimed the top speed to be 212. Fastest I've heard is "over 200". Anyone else think this might be a little far fetched?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,

Here are the top speeds at le Mans '67 :

FORD MKII : 208 mph
FORD MKIV : 214 mph
FERRARI P4 : 194 mph

Record in '89 with Roger Dorchy and the WM Peugeot : 254 MPH

All the best.

Florent

·
Banned
183 Posts
Your saying that in 89' you got a Puegot up to 254 MPH which is 2 mph faster than the Bugatti Veyron? I'll believe that when a monkey crawls out of my ass and makes me pancakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts