Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So on my nightly drives this summer I came upon this Beautiful Ford GT, the valet told me there were only 3 carbon fiber edition of them made(Check out 06VistaBlueGT post #6 for the in depth details). Burning all this fuel and ramping miles on the C7 I get to get to see some nice things in the process. I saw one recently on Youtube in Las Vegas but anyway here it is :

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,919 Posts
All I can say is, WOW! Such as beautiful car.

Reactions: 45rake

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
Agree I have a soft spot for the Ford GT these all carbon versions are even more special.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very cool shots buddy. But the valet had the type of GT wrong. That is a "Competition" series model. The competition series removes some stuff to get it lighter, removes the radio and air conditioning (though you COULD add it back in) and the rear glass over the engine is a Perspex instead of glass and the glass between the cabin and engine is still Gorilla Glass but half as thick. Plus the cabin is got more alcantara vs leather among many other things (see link below) Plus the giveaway is the solid single stripe down the middle in unpainted carbon.

They did this back in the early part of the builds. Some of the race car drivers for the GT program got them (Sebastian Bordain sold his blue one a while ago). The Carbon Series is the more common one. These are GTs with the dual stripes in unpainted carbon and usually with an accent color between then that translates to the side mirror as well. And lastly, the FULL carbon fiber body GT is an unpainted coated body in full exposed carbon. They showed it last year and they only are doing a select amount (they won't say) and it's a huge jump over a normal GT. Those are not painted. So this one is a Competition series which is a rare one to see.

He was correct on the total per say. They made 6 but only 3 we're kept in full Competition spec (meaning nothing was changed from the original way the car was meant to be). I'll give a link below to explain what makes this one different. Only thing with these, they aren't the best in places where it's gonna get a bit warm without air conditioning. Thanks for the great pics.

And if your wondering, I know all this as I sold Fords for over 23 years until last summer when I left on medical. 👍 I was the car geek at my store, and the type of salesperson who knew their product inside and out. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts