Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hi Terry, just got my Diablo back from Madrid [via the Grua both ways- no time to do the drive].

Although Lamborghini Madrid are proper Lamborghini service centre, in fact the only one in Spain, my experience was not great.

1. Car came back covered in external oily fingerprints, no seat or floor covers were in place.
2. Car went into the dealer with both check engine lights showing [codes suggest 12 flashes both sides = needs Throttle potentiometer], came back with exactly the same problem, both check engine lights illuminated !! [scary]
3. I was hoping to get the climate control fixed. Always used to blow really cold [5deg C] air whatever. Now it blows hot air whatever I set it to. I have a bill for changing sensors, ECU, expansion valve, electrovalve, compressor rebuild [irrelevant I know] etc etc., but now a different problem. [...I hear a little voice, ....omg....its Jrv.....'CHANGE THE CONTROL PANEL, COMMON FAILURE'.....]

On the other hand the car runs now so strongly........I'll get there eventually.

CHEERS

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Sorry to hear that, mine came back with oily marks, but they said it left clean and it was the Grua and everyone looking at it.

I have now found a Brit who is a "real" mechanic, retired out here. He just changed my oil pipes which they said at Madrid they could not do because it was too difficult !!
Took him 14 hours but he sure knew his way round a C/T.
Hope their service gets better

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Send him over here, Terry : I suggest.......

1. He fixa da lambo real good
2. We pays him da usual rate plus da expenses
3. All the Rioja / serrano / whatever his poison he can consume
4. Free dentures........mmmmm........loads of free dental treatment whether he needs it or not !

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
mike said:
:wave: Hi Terry, just got my Diablo back from Madrid [via the Grua both ways- no time to do the drive].

Although Lamborghini Madrid are proper Lamborghini service centre, in fact the only one in Spain, my experience was not great.

1. Car came back covered in external oily fingerprints, no seat or floor covers were in place.
2. Car went into the dealer with both check engine lights showing [codes suggest 12 flashes both sides = needs Throttle potentiometer], came back with exactly the same problem, both check engine lights illuminated !! [scary]
3. I was hoping to get the climate control fixed. Always used to blow really cold [5deg C] air whatever. Now it blows hot air whatever I set it to. I have a bill for changing sensors, ECU, expansion valve, electrovalve, compressor rebuild [irrelevant I know] etc etc., but now a different problem. [...I hear a little voice, ....omg....its Jrv.....'CHANGE THE CONTROL PANEL, COMMON FAILURE'.....]

On the other hand the car runs now so strongly........I'll get there eventually.

CHEERS
That place hardly sounds like a "proper service center" at all !! Are you sure that their expertise is not actually with bulls of the bovine variety ??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That place is the only Lamborghini service centre in Spain. I'm still hoping to work with them to resolve my problems. I'm just disappointed in the level of service at a Lamborghini Centre.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Well, the problem with this new service centers is the lack of knowledge on older cars. Their mechanics visited the course for the Murci and Gallardo at the factory, do they know the Diablo? NO, how could they...
Since there are hardly any Lambos in Spain they can't get experienced.
The snake is bitting it's tail: no lambos, no experience, no experience, no satisfied customers...

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I am afraid Raymond is right as usual. They have been taught on machine made cars, and just to plug them in and test, then just change components.

There are very very few places left where you can actually see a real mechanic at work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
terryjoint said:
I am afraid Raymond is right as usual. They have been taught on machine made cars, and just to plug them in and test, then just change components.

There are very very few places left where you can actually see a real mechanic at work.
It is really sad that nowadays, most so-called repairmen are not mechanic anymore, they are just parts changers. :(

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I would have thought in HK that you actually might be able to find REAL mechanics.
When I was there ( a LOOOOONG time ago) the Chinese people seemed extremely capable of repairing everything, and may I say very nice people they were too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
terryjoint said:
I would have thought in HK that you actually might be able to find REAL mechanics.
When I was there ( a LOOOOONG time ago) the Chinese people seemed extremely capable of repairing everything, and may I say very nice people they were too.
Just like you said, it was looooong time ago. Things have changed. Those mechanics you mentioned are mostly retired. The new generations are part changers because they can make more money this way especially those official service establishments.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must say that Lamborghini Madrid have a good approach to the business, and I am sure would give great level of service to, say, a new Gallardo or Murcie owner. Their level of customer service is as good as anything I have encountered in the whole country. [ on the other hand, this is not difficult to achieve]

The problem with this type of service centre will come when they get a car with an 'unusual' problem that their training does not cover. This proves impossible, [and impossibly expensive and frustrating for the owner] to fix.....and the result is the car is off the road, owner gets big bills, and no working car, owner eventually looks to another marque......

I have made a big effort to try to get to understand how my car works. The information available via this website has proved invaluable, especially as I am in a relatively remote location.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Mike, be grateful you have a Diablo !! you should try owning a C/T here. I am sure in Gib or very close there will be someone the same as I have found here, a real mechanic who knows these cars.
Have you tried advertising in the local press for an experienced Lambo trained retired person ?
We will have to continue to trade notes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, Terry, I'm sure we can help one another by sharing experiences ! I would advertise locally to look for that special person with 'da expertise', but I'm hoping to relocate soon to Palma de Mallorca.

My relocation agent is fully briefed as to the 'Lambo ground clearance' issue, and I am only considering properties that the old devil can access. [the agents have trouble getting their head round this one !!!!]

I'm starting to feel like I don't own my Lambo, just looking after it/him/her/ for a while. [Personally I think my one might just be a 'tranny']

HA HA

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
mike said:
Yes, Terry, I'm sure we can help one another by sharing experiences ! I would advertise locally to look for that special person with 'da expertise', but I'm hoping to relocate soon to Palma de Mallorca.

My relocation agent is fully briefed as to the 'Lambo ground clearance' issue, and I am only considering properties that the old devil can access. [the agents have trouble getting their head round this one !!!!]

I'm starting to feel like I don't own my Lambo, just looking after it/him/her/ for a while. [Personally I think my one might just be a 'tranny']

HA HA
I actually had my driveway regraded to accomodate my Diablo. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Absolutely right, just think of the resale........wot I cant get my Lamborghini into the driveway !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mike, you need to work on your car. No mechanic will ever love it like you do. You have a $200,00 automobile, get yourself a $50,000 garage and a couple books.

I promise you will have the fastest Lamborghini around.

It's all about the love you can put into it. The Supra guys laugh at you. They have a new video every day, Gallardos getting SMOKED in a roll on race, no reason for it.

They get their hands dirty. You need to do the same.

Defend the bull.

Tom

·
Registered
205 Posts
THE ARS said:
Mike, you need to work on your car. No mechanic will ever love it like you do. You have a $200,00 automobile, get yourself a $50,000 garage and a couple books.

I promise you will have the fastest Lamborghini around.

It's all about the love you can put into it. The Supra guys laugh at you. They have a new video every day, Gallardos getting SMOKED in a roll on race, no reason for it.

They get their hands dirty. You need to do the same.

Defend the bull.

Tom
Do Supras corner as well as the Gallardo. It is much easier to just modifiy the engine than to improve to handling of the car. To me, straight line speed is not important but the overall character of the car is what really matters. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are 100% correct, PCHT. The soul is the thing.

But I don't think you got my point. Do you love your car or no?

I love my car and it is not nearly as worthy as what you guys are driving.

But it's fast and I LOVE it. I would never let another man touch it, and that's why it's as fast as it is. I know what's happening with it, I know what's wrong because I work on it.

I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone, I understand your jobs might demand more time, I just like to work on my own car. I think you would too if you gave it a try. :)

Tom

EDIT: Just adding an OH! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Somebody owns a slow car.

Tom

**HINT** IT'S TERRY **HINT**

Terry, I BUILT* a 500HP car in my garage with hand tools and I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. I respect what you do, please do the same for my poor butt.

* - [email protected] in a 3680lb vehicle. I'm guessing, it's never been on a dyno.

EDIT: Needed an ENN :) Me not so smart.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts