Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shahram: A while back were you looking for a Pirelli P Zero 335/30 ZR18 tire? I think you said you had found a nail in your original tire. I am also looking for this tire as I had the "nail" problem also. These tires seem to be hard to find. Can you substitute the same size in the "Rosso" model? what is the diff between the Rosso and the original? thanks!

·
Vendor
1,727 Posts
You should have all 4 tires same Pirelli model.The problem is if you change your rear tire with Rosso then you should have Rosso in the front.But Pirelli doesn't make Rosso in the exact front size.Because you have viscous coupling you should stay with the exact sizes front and rear.The rear Pzero ,as you know, have been discontinued so it's going to be very hard to find them and whoever has them are asking premium.If you like I'll make some phone calls and see if anyone has them.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Seems the same discussion is going on at multiple places. This is what I had posted to another list...

The original Pirellis were called:

"PZero Asimmetrico" and "PZero Direzionale".

The "PZero Asimmetrico" were the lambo tires and have an Asymmetrical tread pattern.

The "PZero Rosso" is the replacement for the "PZero Asimmetrico". It has the redesigned asymmetrical tread pattern and is the lambo replacement. The tires are not the same and should not be mixed - at least on the same axle. While it maybe referenced by the description "PZero Rosso Asimmetrico", it is not technically correct.

The "PZero Rosso Direzionale" is the replacement for the "PZero Direzionale" once again, new tread pattern.

As for size 235/35 ZR 18 - is is not available in PZero Rosso. The current recommended model being the PZero Giallo (asimmetrico) .

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I've been trying for a while now and even had my Pirelli friends try for me. I can only assume that someone has some old stock somewhere but I've not been able to find 'em.... yet!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shahram: I was curious if you had purchased a P Zero 335/30 ZR18 tire previously for your car. I thought you mentioned you had a nail in the original. If so, was it new and where do you get it? I am presently looking for a new (out of stock) Pirelli P Zero 335/30 ZR18 for the right rear. thanks!!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
twinturbodiablo said:
What year is your Lambo?
Sean: did you replace Shahrem' tires with all P Zero "Rosso"s? Were his original tires the old style P Zero Asimmetrico's. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts