Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me.. 2021 H evo rwd ,rosso anteros
Trooper .... "the standard'" 6'3' 225 lb , looks 7' tall with hat on as he walks to your car....

T,,, " i just want to say its my pleasure to pull you over, i had you at 91 mph but you can probably go 225
Me,, looking for my registration . I'm sorry officer , but i also dont have my license with me , i was just running out for coffee. "
T,,, "don't worry about it, is this your car ? "
Me.. " yes , do you want my registration ? "
T... "no, dont worry about that i'll be right back"
T... comes back " i'm giving u a warning for the speed and no license '' " be careful in this beautiful BEAST "
Me... 'thank you so much officer , sorry . " handshake ....
:)

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
196 Posts
Sweet...
.... cops are people too. It's likely you were humble and showed respect and he did likewise

·
Registered
SL #07007
65 Posts
With all the cars and motorcycles I've had, I've been stopped several times. Some were dicks and some were cool. Regardless, I'm a grown ass man and I'll accept responsibility for my actions. I know what I did, or have modded on the car. I've never tried to deflect blame, and I was always respectful. Even to the cops that were ass'. The last ticket I got as 18 years ago for a U-Turn, I was still respectful.... That's a story too!!! But I wont hijack OP....

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
84 Posts
In the words of Zalinsky: "Savor the flavor, 'cause it sure as hell won't happen again"

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,362 Posts
He had to be a car guy and wasn’t jealous of your success. That’s a great story. I got pulled over and cited for not making a complete stop at a stop sign. My officer had no mercy for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,061 Posts
Protect & Serve! Very cool. Continued good fortune. (y)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Most cops are good people for sure…

What some of you may not know is that there are traffic details officers do that are directed by the chief etc after receiving complaints from citizens or alderman of an area. Most officers are directed while working those details to issue citations on those details, and a lot of them are at 4 way stops, but some at intersections with traffic lights, or school zones etc. California rolls are perfect examples of not stopping and are indeed more of a yield action.

Most municipal officers (city) doing regular duties are far too busy dealing with home and bus ones crimes, domestics, etc to deal with traffic on the regular unless something crazy occurs, like a verde Ithaca passing by at the speed of sound catches their eye on a quick lunch break etc.

Anyways, being a pleasure to deal with on a stop will always get you better odds into a verbal or written warning (depends on agency policy).

Drive safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Without law enforcement we have anarchy. Just wish the speed limits were a tad higher or we had an autobahn. :giggle: At least in Texas we have some highways with 85 mph speed limits.........do I hear 95mph?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I got a few police friends on speed dial although they tell me don't bother them with speeding tickets, only call when I'm about to be placed in handcuffs. Fortunately haven't had to take them up on that offer. Laser jammers have saved my ass.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,260 Posts
Surfah, which state are you in again? And how long do you have to react when your laser jammer triggers? I have not had this happen yet.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Repost appropriate to this thread:

I was just out in Blu and three motorcycle cops came up behind me and were revving their engines and followed me for several miles then they passed me and waved. Our brothers in law enforcement. Rock on my friends in uniform, very cool! :cool:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Repost appropriate to this thread:

I was just out in Blu and three motorcycle cops came up behind me and were revving their engines and followed me for several miles then they passed me and waved. Our brothers in law enforcement. Rock on my friends in uniform, very cool! :cool:
They were probably wanting to see if the lambo was faster than their bikes.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
They were probably wanting to see if the lambo was faster than their bikes.
Heck, I would not be foolish enough to put that to the test. Otherwise, I would get to wear those nice silver colored bracelets.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts