Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Indeed, very hard to know. As far as the frame, interior, body, probably nothing too bad, but, the motor, the whole powertrain for that matter could be a disaster, would cost around $90K++ to get replace the motor, transmission, catalysts, but, can you assume that? I would bet yes.

Questions to find out...

(1)
was the car "in-use" when the flood damage occurred? If the motor was running it would probably ingest more water than if it was simply parked.

(2)
was the car completely submerged, if so, for how long?

(3)
was it submerged in fresh water or salt water?

Here is a link with a related story:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=246163&st=0&#entry4638578

here's a quick story:
Diane Zielinski, who lives outside Philadelphia, thought she was getting a good deal when she bought a used Pontiac Grand Am for her son, Nate.

She explains, "It looked good. It ran good when we took the test drive, and there was nothing to indicate there was a problem with it at all."

But three weeks after Nate started driving the car, there was major trouble. He says, "I went to make a left-hand turn, and all of a sudden I heard 'bang!' An extremely loud bang."

The car blew up.

Recalls Nate, "There was oil and pieces of engine block all over the place."

I think you would be better finding a car that has been wrecked where you can see most of the damage or at least have a pretty good idea of what is "hurt" than a flood car...

That's my $.02

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.