Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6sp G has 700 miles now. Noticed backfiring when I let off the gas and asked local dealership service manager who claims it is normal. This past Saturday a friend following me told me he saw flames coming out of my exhaust when I decelerate. I asked the same service manager again if it was normal; the answer was yes. Anyone of you G owners experienced backfiring or flames ?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
If your car is original this should not be, something is wrong with the injection system pooring to much gas into the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Raymond is correct. My Diablo was doing the same thing and needed a few minor parts and an adjustment.

It did look very cool at night.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
hey guys i had a 92 and have a 98 sv, they both had back fire...and it is normal if u drive the car hard. if not then, no its not normal... if ur not that heavy on the gas and down shifting.. then u have a problem.

hope this help

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
bboxer said:
a friend following me told me he saw flames coming out of my exhaust when I decelerate.
flames = unburnt fuel exiting the combustion chamber. Which means something like a fuel delivery or timing issue. Is this a standard exhaust?

-mick

·
Registered
299 Posts
When I bought my urraco it was louder due to an old exhaust (rusty) and hair-line cracks in my 4 in 1 headers - the light show in the back though......... replaced the entire exhaust system from the heads back and it turned real quiet and flameless :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Raw fuel in the cats will ruin them in no time. It is just about the only thing that kills them. You have a big problem. It is even an EPA issue. Call another authorized dealer and they should cart the car over to repair it. There may also be a fire hazard.

aehaas

·
Registered
228 Posts
lxmichaels said:
This is only normal on a Jalpa.... well at least mine :eek:
Mine too, with Ansa exhaust. Love it at night.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree- the G should not be doing this- it is running too rich for street use and there will be damage to the exhaust components with time.

I have my Porsche track car with headers running into megaphone straight pipes running really rich so it shoots flames on every decel downshift, but on the track its a different thing, and my exhaust lacks mufflers/cats.

Even so I have to check that no one is standing behind it when I start it because they might get burned- a real liability issue with a street car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
my '05 G flames when shifting under heavy acceleration and under decel when driving hard in the mountains. my friend has a Ducatti 999 bike and was following me. he said it was a 6" blue flame (not yellow) mostly out of the pass side exhaust pipe. this is with the stock exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts