Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for the past year as I’ve tinkered with my first Lamborghini, a 2005 gated Gallardo. Like most, it’s the realization of a childhood dream and I thought it was time to introduce myself. I’m still enjoying it just as much as day one. I’m very appreciative of this community as I’ve familiarized myself with the car and all that comes along with it. Thank you all for your discussions and insights on every subject.
The LP bumper was on the car when I purchased it and I’ve added the carbon SL side skirts and spoiler. The wheels also came on the car and would not have been my choice of color but I get lots of compliments and they’re kind of growing on me. I would have opted for more of a bronze color or gun metal. Thoughts on the current wheel color? I hope to continue to drive the car and not simply have it as garage art. At 18k miles I don’t need to try and preserve it for a museum but it’s not high miles either.
Glad to officially be part of the community. Happy New Year!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome. Your car looks really nice, one of the nicest 2004-2005 I've seen. Was your interior replaced at some point? I don't think q-cintra was an option until 2006. I like all the exterior upgrades as well though I'd personally powder coat the rims gunmetal grey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @crusingeek! You are correct. I actually just completed the seat and door panel replacement with the ones in the photo which are from an LP. The previous owner had the original seats and door panels custom upholstered with blue and white which was well done, but not what I wanted. I’ll add a +1 to the “powder coat the wheels” column.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wheel color looks good to me! "LOUD" on a Lambo pretty much always works. Darker gunmetal color will also be nice look but can pull it either way.

Go for a small drop or lower and you are more than set. Congrats

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
Welcome Steve glad you joined and shared your great story! It seems that Lamborghini is the dream of many a forum members, though in my case, I stumbled onto the brand and consider it a fortuitous accident.
Each forum member has a view point and what they feel is an acceptable look but from my personal perspective I love those rims. Man those rims with that exterior color are absolutely very cool! I as I often say, if you’re not having fun you’re wasting time. Enjoy and Drive in the Best of Health!

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo Coupe E-Gear Giallo Midas
54 Posts
Welcome Steve, i really love your rims, color is perfect in my opinion! Also the upholstering looks really good and high quality. Always have a safe drive and greetings from cold northern Germany.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you @150shot! I totally agree about lowing it just a bit, but as I looked into it I realized that the aftermarket front bumper is actually lower than a standard LP-570 bumper would be by quite a bit. Since it's already very low (thankfully I have the front lift) I think I'll need to put that on hold unless I get a new bumper. It's always something...
@Lambo2018, thank you for your comments. So nice to get everyone's opinion. I was actually looking for a Corvette ZR-1 when I stumbled across the Lambo and when I saw it was gated my mind was made up. Such a fun car to own and drive, and very cool to make a kid's day by letting them check it out and sit in it. After reading about it on this site I purchased some Gallardo Hot Wheels to give to the kids who are really excited.
@YellowLP500 thank you! Nice to get affirmation that the color combo of the silver car and bright gold wheels isn't in poor taste in the opinion of the community. I go back and forth depending on the day and the lighting :) I purchased the seats and door panels from a company in Germany that parts out high end cars and they are OEM from a 2009 G. They are in perfect condition and are just what I was looking for to personalize the interior. They're even the full power model where the original seats were just a power back adjust. I hope it warms up in Germany soon so you can enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
Steve, I had three Porsches and its funny I was looking at a ZR1 as well but without a front axle lift I would never be able to get it up my driveway.....it’s very steep. I had the dealership measure from the ground to the bottom of the bumper and it measured 5 1/4 inches...........no way that would work for me.
The hot wheels are a nice touch the Lamborghini brand generates a lot of admiration especially amongst the young...........and the perpetually young at heart. Dylan Thomas.......”Do Not Go Gentle...........”

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome, so much of a better choice than a ZR-1. Completely different levels honestly.

I personally am in the change the wheel color camp though. I think they detract from the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice looking Gallardo. I think those wheels look great in that color. I'd call them copper or burnt orange. But... you can't go wrong with a bronze or gunmetal either. Thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice gated G. As far as colors go, if it were mine I would smoke out the brake lights and front and side markers. The wheels, not sure can go either way. Only on silver cars would I do a bright silver wheel as darker colors make the silver body color look dull. That is an interesting color on those wheels for sure, easy enough to change if you decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@jefferey13 I completely agree about the difference between the Gallardo and a ZR-1. The Vette is a great car, fast, reliable, handles well, but it's still something that is seen all the time. I like the rarity and uniqueness of the G, and that sound... can't beat that sound.
@Vidodicci Thank you! If I decide to make a color change on the wheels I'll be sure to post new pics.
@GDF I looked at bright silver wheels, which I like, but there was a strong veto from my boys. Their taste in car style is still evolving but I would never have heard the end of it. Choose your battles as they say :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts