Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
For me, the stupid logo on the SV and SVJ, combined with the horrible OTT rear wing and ugly vents in the front that break the lines, completely spoil the look of the cars. Like… what? Are you 15 years old?
Sounds like Lamborghini is a strange brand for you to like then.... Lmao. On top of the fact that almost NO ONE can tell the S from the U on the street, I think you're all kinds of dead wrong. I'll be absolutely floored if the U holds it's "value" better than the SV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, so let’s get into this. Firstly, the best things are not 10% more expensive, even if they’re only 10% better. The people with the money want the best things, and they’ll pay whatever to have it.

As for the SV, it doesn’t have the epic air intakes. It also has a weird look caused by the slanting-down diagonal below the intake (on the Ultimae it slants upwards, making it look hugely better). Then of course you have the crappy, fussy, ‘SV’ painted on the side- just in case we don’t know what car it is. I like the SV nose (like the original A), but the wing spoils the back for me (though not as horrible as on the SVJ). Then there’s the fact that it’s five+ years old, missing all of the myriad of small improvements made in the years since.

I am fortunate to own a 1987 911 930. Those last years of the last NA turbo Porsche (87,88,89) remain by far the most desirable classic Porsche because they had the most advanced generation of the tech of the time while maintaining the fundamental character. I see the future of the Aventador being much the same, in the shape of the Ultimae.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like Lamborghini is a strange brand for you to like then.... Lmao. On top of the fact that almost NO ONE can tell the S from the U on the street, I think you're all kinds of dead wrong. I'll be absolutely floored if the U holds it's "value" better than the SV.
Um. Have you actually seen the reaction to a U on the street? I think not.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Ok, so let’s get into this. Firstly, the best things are not 10% more expensive, even if they’re only 10% better. The people with the money want the best things, and they’ll pay whatever to have it.

As for the SV, it doesn’t have the epic air intakes. It also has a weird look caused by the slanting-down diagonal below the intake (on the Ultimae it slants upwards, making it look hugely better). Then of course you have the crappy, fussy, ‘SV’ painted on the side- just in case we don’t know what car it is. I like the SV nose (like the original A), but the wing spoils the back for me (though not as horrible as on the SVJ). Then there’s the fact that it’s five+ years old, missing all of the myriad of small improvements made in the years since.

I am fortunate to own a 1987 911 930. Those last years of the last NA turbo Porsche (87,88,89) remain by far the most desirable classic Porsche because they had the most advanced generation of the tech of the time while maintaining the fundamental character. I see the future of the Aventador being much the same, in the shape of the Ultimae.
The SV was the last Perini designed A which is why it will be desired by collectors in the future and it's exactly what a V12 track focsued variant should look like; aggressive looks with sharp lines. The AV S was Borkert's first attempt at the A and it's safe to say it's not going to go down as the best looking A variant.

And do you even know the history of the "SV" nameplate is? Either you're a troll or the one guy every dealer waits for that walked in and plucked down $1.5m for an Aventador S. Which one is it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Conversations like this are completely pointless. When the SVJ released, SV owners came out of the woodwork to say the SVJ wasn’t a ‘real’ Lamborghini, that the SV was the real swan song, etc… I got the first one from my dealer and absolutely loved it. I would have loved an SV as well but given the opportunity to get an SVJ, why wouldn’t I take it?

the Ultimae is the same way - if you are lucky enough to be offered one, you’re going to jump on the opportunity. This is why you are seeing so many people selling their SVJs once their Ultimaes arrive - we V12 Lambo fans all want the latest and greatest from the brand because they are always improving. There’s nothing wrong with that and there’s no need to compare them - the market speaks for itself.

We all know opinions on anything design related are subjective and if they buyer likes it, that’s all that matters. It’s cool to see the values on these cars going up but man, I really hope the community doesn’t go Rennlist where all we can talk about is the value of our cars… go drive them!

·
Registered
Aventador sv roadster, 488 spider, urus
7 Posts
In my opinion, SVJ with an active ALA aero system is still the King of the Aventador family.
They are all epic. Much like all women are beautiful in their own way. My votes for SV roadster as I just picked one up today!

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
^
Looks like it was a new car that was driven around the block and sold as a pre-owned. The plastic wrapping is still in the car.

Speaking of crazy prices, I confirmed my deposit for the Aventador replacement today (car #2) and I was told people are offering to buy early slots for $400k+. I reckon the first year Aventador replacements will be fetching insane money.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts