Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ecstatic. I was finally able to pull the trigger on a dream and purchase a Lamborghini, a 2004 Gallardo with a gated 6-speed! I have been lurking on this forum for a few years and toyed with picking one up, but I have always found myself in something else...Aston Martin Vantages, a Maserati GT MC, a Nissan GT-R, and an R8. All fun cars, but I don't think any of them hold a candle to the presence of a Lambo! I set a goal to purchase one by the time I turned 30, and that is fast approaching this next year, so I'm equally excited to check that off my goal list haha.

I'm incredibly anxious to get the car and drive it for the first time! I live in the midwest where more exotic cars are few and far between, so you hardly ever see a Lamborghini and I've never really experienced one in person. I have some ideas for modifications and can't wait to make the car my own.

What was it like purchasing your first Lamborghini? Any advice for a first-time owner? Must-have mods for an 04 Gallardo? Thanks!

- Micah

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also say that the car does have some aftermarket exhaust and wheels. I'll likely want to swap out the wheels, but the exhaust sounds awesome.

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, does anyone have any recommendations on snow tires other than the recommended Pirellis? I don't think I'm going to be able to leave this thing in the garage for the next 5 months... 😜

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,839 Posts
Hi Micah,
I remember my knees were shaking when I got in the car to drive it home. I was scared to death of hitting something.
best of luck!

Reactions: zombiegarage

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I would wait 1 full year before you do anything major to the car. Minor things… go for it.

driving and owning it for 1 year, will allow the car to speak to you.

remember, a car can only be original one time.

good luck and have fun!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
Welcome & Congratulations! Wow, 29 years young and you have your first Lamborghini, way to go. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run Pirelli sotozero's on my 911. Same size tires. They have always been decent in snow.
That's good to hear. I might just have to go that route then. I don't anticipate doing a ton of driving during the winter, but I'd still like to get it out some.

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Micah,
I remember my knees were shaking when I got in the car to drive it home. I was scared to death of hitting something.
best of luck!
Haha. I've definitely felt that way in a couple other cars, but I'm anticipating that this is going to be on a whole new level! Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would wait 1 full year before you do anything major to the car. Minor things… go for it.

good luck and have fun!
I definitely don't plan on doing anything too extensive right away! It's a car that I would like to keep for quite sometime though, so I'll be able to make it my own as I go. I don't want to get too crazy haha. I have always loved these cars in general. Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
590 Posts

good luck and have fun!
This is sage advise. Welcome to the Lambo family. Enjoy in good health.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
I am ecstatic. I was finally able to pull the trigger on a dream and purchase a Lamborghini, a 2004 Gallardo with a gated 6-speed! I have been lurking on this forum for a few years and toyed with picking one up, but I have always found myself in something else...Aston Martin Vantages, a Maserati GT MC, a Nissan GT-R, and an R8. All fun cars, but I don't think any of them hold a candle to the presence of a Lambo! I set a goal to purchase one by the time I turned 30, and that is fast approaching this next year, so I'm equally excited to check that off my goal list haha.

I'm incredibly anxious to get the car and drive it for the first time! I live in the midwest where more exotic cars are few and far between, so you hardly ever see a Lamborghini and I've never really experienced one in person. I have some ideas for modifications and can't wait to make the car my own.

What was it like purchasing your first Lamborghini? Any advice for a first-time owner? Must-have mods for an 04 Gallardo? Thanks!

- Micah
Welcome to Lambourghini Talk! Were so excited for you to get your car, post pictures so we can see! Lamborghini's definitely hit different in the car world!

·
Registered
2004 Gated Gallardo
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to Lambourghini Talk! Were so excited for you to get your car, post pictures so we can see! Lamborghini's definitely hit different in the car world!
Thank you! I definitely will! It's supposed to arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
@zombiegarage, looks amazing! Huge Congrats! Just curious are Zombie's a problem in your neck of the woods? :giggle:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Love the color; recall when I got my first one, I had to go the web to see what all the buttons and switches do. You only have one first, no longer a Lambo virgin. Congratulations

1 - 20 of 23 Posts