Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not going to lie. I was hesitant to purchase a lambo. Always been a McLaren fan as I am first and foremost a driver. Not going to baby nor store this car at all. It’s a 2022 STO. Already ordered soul anodized exhaust and going to tune it. My question is that I’m not too worried about voiding the warranty as from what I know these cars are pretty much bullet proof. Anyone have any issues from tuning these cars? Any advice would be appreciated. Gabe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Welcome!!! Love your STO config. I did add an Akrapovic exhaust and tune to my Urus and I have to admit I did not check to see what it did to warranty but I did have service and it wasn’t questioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!!! Love your STO config. I did add an Akrapovic exhaust and tune to my Urus and I have to admit I did not check to see what it did to warranty but I did have service and it wasn’t questioned.
Thank you for the quick reply. I’m in the Orlando area so hopefully all goes well. Thank you once again

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,969 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations! My friend, if you have a question about an STO post it in the thread below, 246K people are following it and someone will respond in a timely manner. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I’m in Indian Shores near St. Pete and have an EVO RWD on order. Hope to see you at a future meet somewhere off of I-4!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Big congrats and welcome! Your car looks awesome, it’s one of the tamer STOs on the forum. Like you, I am a newbie and will be driving mine also. None of my cars are queens.

I actually read somewhere that Akrapovic supplied the exhaust for the STO. The car is plenty loud (for me) but the abrupt opening of the valves at 4.5k rpm is bothersome to some.

I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish with a tune, I put one in my 458 and it smoothened out the jerkiness but no real performance difference. Sound pops and burbles improved greatly (Kline).

Good on you for your bravado, a man after my own heart! Just be a bit careful at first as these cars, while playful, will bite. I’ve heard nothing bucks like the bull !!

Post up your impressions and congratulations again!

PS. I’m up in Gainesville.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Big congrats and welcome! Your car looks awesome, it’s one of the tamer STOs on the forum. Like you, I am a newbie and will be driving mine also. None of my cars are queens.

I actually read somewhere that Akrapovic supplied the exhaust for the STO. The car is plenty loud (for me) but the abrupt opening of the valves at 4.5k rpm is bothersome to some.

I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish with a tune, I put one in my 458 and it smoothened out the jerkiness but no real performance difference. Sound pops and burbles improved greatly (Kline).

Good on you for your bravado, a man after my own heart! Just be a bit careful at first as these cars, while playful, will bite. I’ve heard nothing bucks like the bull !!

Post up your impressions and congratulations again!

PS. I’m up in Gainesville.
My Porsche Spyder has the same dilemma. Due to emission standards the valves clothes at 2800 RPM and re open at 4800. Totally bazaar soundtrack. I installed a valve controller and new exhaust and it solved the problem but I lost the symphony of the flat six so I went back to stock. The Evo doesn’t have the valve limitations. 🙏

·
Registered
596 Posts
My Porsche Spyder has the same dilemma. Due to emission standards the valves clothes at 2800 RPM and re open at 4800. Totally bazaar soundtrack. I installed a valve controller and new exhaust and it solved the problem but I lost the symphony of the flat six so I went back to stock. The Evo doesn’t have the valve limitations. 🙏
I‘m fine with it being quiet at low RPMs, but it’s not as quiet as you’d think, I pulled up to the shop today and a bunch of folks heard it pulling up and came out to ask questions, including a young girl. Even she knew it was something special.

I just wish the transition to open the valves were less abrupt and done in a more linear fashion, say like over a 2k range. That would be perfection for me ( this is what the 458 does and it sounds awesome).

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,920 Posts
Welcome & Congratulations!
I did a tune and race exhaust on my previous Huracan with no issues at all. I will probably do a tune on my EVO sometime soon.

·
Registered
SL #7007
502 Posts
Hell yes!!! Way to go big and straight into an STO!! Awesome car!!! Welcome!!

For tuning, I would recommend VF Engineering. Nik's tune is plug and play. You email him the stock tune and does what he does. Then he emails you back with the modified tune. Just hook up your laptop and download it and drive. Super simple and he is there for you day or night if there are any issues. From my experience with Nik and VF, their customer service is impeccable.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Not going to lie. I was hesitant to purchase a lambo. Always been a McLaren fan as I am first and foremost a driver. Not going to baby nor store this car at all. It’s a 2022 STO. Already ordered soul anodized exhaust and going to tune it. My question is that I’m not too worried about voiding the warranty as from what I know these cars are pretty much bullet proof. Anyone have any issues from tuning these cars? Any advice would be appreciated. Gabe
Congrats on the new STO, the white is so striking! And welcome to Lambourghini Talk, we can't wait to see what else you have in store with mods!

·
Registered
42 Posts
love the car, amazing color combo and welcome to the forum.

dumb question but how do you all convince your insurance to let you daily drive this stuff... or "not baby or store it at all". my 06 is worth less than half of this STO and my insurance would drop me in a second if i drove it more than once a weekend.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
Way to go on your 1st Lamborghini. The STO will not disappoint either. I hope someone will figure out the exhaust valve issue and get that handled other than that the STO is a wonderful car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all…. Love the car so far. Had some graphics done to it and it changes the car completely

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,969 Posts
@Gabe325, that looks amazing. The problem is the more designs I see the more challenging speccing my STO becomes. Notwithstanding, Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts