Lamborghini Talk banner

First Time Lambo Owner...iPhone Navigation Question

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Coreywog 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just purchased my first exotic, and this is my first post!

My question is:
Is there a way to display my iPhone Navigation Maps on the instrument cluster?

I purchased a 2015 Lamborghini Huracan in Verde Mantis from Marshall Goldman. Single owner, 15K miles, full clear bra. I am PUMPED!!

I have my iPhone paired to the vehicle through Bluetooth, and I can hear my maps (navigation) audio when the "Media" button is engaged. However, I can not get the maps to display on my car screen.

I have an MMI port in the arm rest, but I do not have an MMI-iPhone cord yet. There are no USB ports (that I'm aware of), so I can not connect to USB cord.

I test drove a 2016 Huracan, and when I plugged my phone into the USB port (which mine doesn't have) my iPhone maps displayed on the instrument cluster screen. I assumed the 2015 model would be capable of the same thing.

The salesman from Marshall Goldman sent me a photo of his phone displaying iPhone maps on the screen of my vehicle, so I assumed it would work through just Bluetooth. The salesman hasn't been able to help with how he was able to get it to display. Hoping someone in this forum knows the trick??

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats on the H! Unfortunately, the 2015 model is not able to display iPhone (also known as Apple CarPlay on the instrument cluster). I'm not positive you drove a MY2016 nor did the salesperson take a picture of MY2015 since Lamborghini didn't add it to the H until late MY2018. I believe the 1st to get it was the 580-2, then Performante, and finally the EVOs. I've done some extensive research on the subject since I'm a nerd and I love my tech.

Good news, you can get this installed aftermarket. Bad new, the only shop I found to do it was in Atlanta, Georgia. I documented my trip and the install in a YouTube video below. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://youtu.be/GRvjNMkKWfM

#9 ·
Thank you guys for the info! I'll definitely check out the video! The more I learn, the more I realize that something must have been modified in the used 2016 H that I test drove. It somehow displayed Apple maps when plugged in to the arm rest USB. It did not, however, show the Apple Car play in the cluster like all of the 18 plus models do now. I was blown away, thinking I had somehow missed this option on my research, so I made sure it wasn't the factory Navigation that was displaying, and sure enough it would switch back and forth from Apple Maps to factory Nav when I hit the Nav button on the console. Super strange!

Unfortunately I don't plan to post my home address or bank account numbers at the moment. ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.