Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, community, I'm honored to be part of the EVO owner's club; it's been a life long dream of mine and at the age of 40, I've finally reached a point in life where I can buy one for myself.

I would have posted pictures, but the site won't let me.

I love the **** out of my car, being I've owned and driven a Tesla Model S for several years, driving the EVO is taking a lot of getting used to.

I have a quick question concerning the Apple Carplay feature my dealer spec'd EVO came with. They told me that it works with Android, as I have the new S10 Plus with Android 10. Is that true or is there a different EVO Android software feature in the car that I need to get it to work?

I have my phone connected VIA Bluetooth, no problems there, but if I connect my phone to port 2 (or 1) and have the Android Car Play app open, nothing happens. I've made sure that the USB settings are set for file transfer too.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Congratulation on the car.
About Android auto. I have it and use it all the time for WAZE. It may be different on the EVO but I just plug into the the port and it comes up. Also, unless Lamborghini has fixed this for the EVO, in my 580 Google maps thru AA puts me on the opposite side of the planet??? I am in China according to Google maps not Texas. But WAZE doesn't have that issue. So far I have used AA with a Pixel 2 xl and now a OnePlus 7pro. It does matter which port your plugged into and I never tried thru bluetooth but I don't think that will work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulation on the car.
About Android auto. I have it and use it all the time for WAZE. It may be different on the EVO but I just plug into the the port and it comes up. Also, unless Lamborghini has fixed this for the EVO, in my 580 Google maps thru AA puts me on the opposite side of the planet??? I am in China according to Google maps not Texas. But WAZE doesn't have that issue. So far I have used AA with a Pixel 2 xl and now a OnePlus 7pro. It does matter which port your plugged into and I never tried thru bluetooth but I don't think that will work.
Sweet, man, thanks! I'm guessing because I have it connected via Bluetooth, AA won't work. I'll try disconnected the Bluetooth and reconnecting the phone on either port to see if that fixes it. I do have a restricted work profile (MDM) on my phone, which could also be the culprit.

·
Vendor
2,653 Posts
Looks great! Love white! What that rear diffuser painted to match, or is that a new option for color match. In the middle rear...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats! Fantastic spec. Body color diffuser looks really nice.

BTW when I was speccing an Evo was told initial 3 years service included. Curious if you got that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! Fantastic spec. Body color diffuser looks really nice.

BTW when I was speccing an Evo was told initial 3 years service included. Curious if you got that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I did not get the 3 years service included, I did get a nice discount on the 2-year dent/scratch/tire protection plan though. The dealership out here in Dallas, is known nationally to be very fair on service costs and transparrency.

·
Vendor
230 Posts
Nice ride. Lambo Dallas is a great dealership too so you are in good hands!

Enjoy in great health!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Brian are you in DFW area or just bought the car there? Big group of lambo we have here

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
AA has that Google maps issue on my 18 HP, where it puts me in China, but if it's not pulling up AA within a minute after you plug into the port, it's an issue with AA on the phone. I had it as well once in my HP and another car.

I uninstalled and reinstalled AA on the phone, plugged it in, and AA came up on the dash, but it does take a few seconds to appear. Bluetooth has no impact on it. It will work - paired or not.

I don't like the whole way it works in the Lambo; no touchscreen and you lose the tach - so the UI is just a pain to use.

I have a Note 10 Plus, which has a huge screen, so I mounted it on the middle (passenger side) A/C vent, using a suction / magnetic mount, and I prefer that. I ran a USBC cable down the vent, made a lighter plug connection at the fuse panel in the passenger footwell and called it a day. AA / Car play really needs a touchscreen to work well IMO.

Congrats on that lovely EVO!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AA has that Google maps issue on my 18 HP, where it puts me in China, but if it's not pulling up AA within a minute after you plug into the port, it's an issue with AA on the phone. I had it as well once in my HP and another car.

I uninstalled and reinstalled AA on the phone, plugged it in, and AA came up on the dash, but it does take a few seconds to appear. Bluetooth has no impact on it. It will work - paired or not.

I don't like the whole way it works in the Lambo; no touchscreen and you lose the tach - so the UI is just a pain to use.

I have a Note 10 Plus, which has a huge screen, so I mounted it on the middle (passenger side) A/C vent, using a suction / magnetic mount, and I prefer that. I ran a USBC cable down the vent, made a lighter plug connection at the fuse panel in the passenger footwell and called it a day. AA / Car play really needs a touchscreen to work well IMO.

Congrats on that lovely EVO!
Nice advice and thank you! Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Congrats and agree that Lambo Dallas is great to work with!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.