Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Been following the forum for a while now but never had an account.

I think it's time given that I may be purchasing my first lambo, finally!

I'm in Canada so the price is in CDN dollars.

Anyways, it's a 2015 Huracan LP 610-4 coupe in orange with orange calipers.

It has 16k KMs and is priced at $215k.

Is there anything I should be looking for? Obviously the car doesn't have warranty. Anything else I need to be wary of?

One thing bothering me is that based on the carfax, the KMs reported in 2015 was 14k. So between 2015 and 2021, there were only 2k KMs put on the car? This doesn't make sense to me... any ideas?

Would appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Get the inspection records and service records if available. 2 k is really low for 6 years. How much wear on the tires and brakes. If the tires are new, it could be higher mileage and rolled back. If 2015 or not new then how much tread wear?Look at the date code on the tires. If they were not 2015 then what year replaced. If they are 2 years old then there should be almosr zero wear. Look closely at the instrument cluster. Any evidence of being removed? Also I usually shine a blacklight into the instrument panel in the dark. Look for fingerprints on the inside. (Evidence of tampering) Have the computor codes been recently cleared?Use a good code reader to check. How much brake wear? If the pads are new with 16k KM then someone wore out the old ones and replaced. (Either very hard driving or way more miles. )Look carefully in the engine compartment and underneath for signs of disassembly . Look for dates written on the oil filter. Sometimes guys write date and mileage on them. Lee

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the inspection records and service records if available. 2 k is really low for 6 years. How much wear on the tires and brakes. If the tires are new, it could be higher mileage and rolled back. If 2015 or not new then how much tread wear?Look at the date code on the tires. If they were not 2015 then what year replaced. If they are 2 years old then there should be almosr zero wear. Look closely at the instrument cluster. Any evidence of being removed? Also I usually shine a blacklight into the instrument panel in the dark. Look for fingerprints on the inside. (Evidence of tampering) Have the computor codes been recently cleared?Use a good code reader to check. How much brake wear? If the pads are new with 16k KM then someone wore out the old ones and replaced. (Either very hard driving or way more miles. )Look carefully in the engine compartment and underneath for signs of disassembly . Look for dates written on the oil filter. Sometimes guys write date and mileage on them. Lee
Thank you so much Lee!!! This is SUPER helpful.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck. Dont get caught up in the moment. There are lots of nice Huracans out there.
Yeah, something seems very fishy...

I can't wrap my head around the fact that it's been driven 2k KMs since 2015. Make's absolutely no sense unless it's been tampered with as you said. I doubt someone would store for 6 years.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,487 Posts
Do some searches on the veracity of CarFax reports. Get an Autocheck, too. And very importantly, get a PPI from a real bona fide Lambo tech that is NOT associated with the seller. If the 2K miles in 5 years is accurate, I would be exceedingly wary of this car. Rubber keeps on deteriorating, gas gels, brake lines absorb water, and electrical gremlins wreak havoc on these cars when not driven somewhat regularly. Respectfully, Huracans are not garage queen museum pieces like Muiras and Countachs have become, so there really is no excuse for driving only 2k miles in 5 years. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone!

Been following the forum for a while now but never had an account.

I think it's time given that I may be purchasing my first lambo, finally!

I'm in Canada so the price is in CDN dollars.

Anyways, it's a 2015 Huracan LP 610-4 coupe in orange with orange calipers.

It has 16k KMs and is priced at $215k.

Is there anything I should be looking for? Obviously the car doesn't have warranty. Anything else I need to be wary of?

One thing bothering me is that based on the carfax, the KMs reported in 2015 was 14k. So between 2015 and 2021, there were only 2k KMs put on the car? This doesn't make sense to me... any ideas?

Would appreciate the help!
If you have any doubts after research -
throw it out and move on to the next one

·
Registered
2 Posts
How often does roll back and tampering happen on modern vehicles? This sounds like something of the 1980s!

·
Registered
343 Posts
How often does roll back and tampering happen on modern vehicles? This sounds like something of the 1980s!
Rollback now is as simple as a console swap - so in many ways easier than the 80's.

Not sure how "common" it is, especially in cars that trade hands more regularly (so there are ample records), but it does happen and should be vetted for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ya, that the 2,000 miles is weird, but it so putting on 14,000 miles in under a year. Did the ownership change hands between years 1 and 2 to explain the huge amount of miles and then suddenly very few?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stay away from that CLEARLY! There are other options, be patient and wait for the right one.
14,000km in 2 months and 2,000km in 6 years is SHADY A F

Don't be silly and move on...I wouldn't even entertain these guys anymore..
BTW, I'm also looking at both used Huracans and a new EVO in Toronto and this wouldn't interest me at $185k (CAD) let alone at $215k

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lol what was that about?
I really don’t understand the Canadian market. I have been on the search for a Huracan now for 2 to 3 months and have been keeping an eye on the market for well over a year checking autotrader every day. All I can say is all of those cars for 230 and above have been sitting on the market for over a year with no movement at all. I think they raised the price because they figured it was not listed at the proper amount which I think they would sell it a lot quicker selling it for 215 and getting 205 to 210 where the cars should be listed at in order to move. Also the yellow one on auto trader that is listed below the orange one that you’re looking at, a couple weeks ago was listed at 210k then taken off the market and come back on the market at 228k wtf??? Do you want to sell your car or do you want it to sit on the market for several months before you lower the price into more of a realistic amount of what the car is worth? I don’t know.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Changing odometer readings is way easier than you realize. A simple low tech way is to buy a new speedometer and install it into your cluster or replace the cluster with a low mileage one from a wrecked car.(I have never disassembled a late model Lambo so dont know if you can separate them or have to replace the cluster) Usually the mileage is recorded by the chip on the speedometer itself. The car computor records engine hours. (Those should match)Another way is to have a good speedometer shop "recalibrate" Yours. There are also guys that hack them and reset the mileage. Why do you think there are so many older cars being sold with only 80 or 90 k miles. Unscrupulous dealers look for cars with no carfax history above 80 or 90 k , buy them cheap and turn a 200K car into a 90K. It does however make the carfax look suspicious. They try to buy cars that are late model high mileage The mileage readings on your prospective car are very suspicious. The black light shows if anyone has been into the instrument cluster. Do you really think there are thousands of speedometer shops actually repairing speedometers? If there is not a clean consistent mileage trace then run away.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Changing mileage on the instrument panel may seem simpler than ever but it’s not likely to work long term on a newer car. The mileage is stored in multiple places on the car, not just the ECU. And a Lamborghini dealer’s software will tell them if those readings match. If not then no more warranty, at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts