Lamborghini Talk banner

First Tecnica

23K views 258 replies 47 participants last post by  The Deep Blu 
I also have an F8 Spider & a Tecnica on the water right now. I love the F8 & plan to keep it as there is nothing new Ferrari is doing that Id spend the money to buy & the special F cars are unattainable for regular guys so I’ll keep the F8S as my last hurrah for now. I’ve owned Ferraris for 20 years so I’m kind of sad to say my interest has faded but excited for the new direction. Ferrari is a total different fit/finish, plus drive, it’s more luxury in my opinion. I have a Urus S completing production, a Urus Performante for August production, & a new 744 on order. Lamborghini has been so amazing in every way so I’m excited for the access & ongoing opportunity. I’m definitely more excited about the future of Lambo than Ferrari these days. Just my opinion…..I only have 200 miles on my F8S so I need to drive it more.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

maybe it’s getting the right angle or color but to me the F8 is gorgeous. I prefer the spider as I don’t like the plexiglass on the coupe. The Tecnica to me in comparison is aggressive & visceral plus I think it’s going to be a lot more fun to drive. I’m way more excited about the Tecnica but can’t bring myself to let go of the F8

I agree with you, I also had a 488 & it’s fun to drive but not engaging like Lambo. I think the last two Ferraris I owned (didn’t get a 458) that were exhilarating to drive were the 430 Scuderia 16M & the 360 Challenge Stradale. As for today Ferrari is heading off a cliff

Will Ferrari be making another hypercar like the SF90?
I think the 296 is the closest thing right now as it’s basically a baby SF90 & IMO the SF90 was basically a test car for the hybrid engine. I’ve noticed lately that SF90’s are very hard to sell which is IMO where the 296 will end up. I passed on my 296 GTB & GTS allocations as I just couldn’t get excited about the Lotus’esque look!

I built the car at the launch event & chose exposed carbon strips & tecnica livery plus full AP interior with sport seats. Then I had to cut sport seats, carbon, & the livery as all were on restriction, so in the end I agree & I am happy with the build, it’s Bianco Asopo & instead of a $375k car it’s a maybe $305k car

Does anyone have an idea on total Tecnica allocation for USA? I was told maybe 12 allocations per dealer & half that for Sterrato. If Lambo has moved to Sterrato does that mean by default Tecnica is going to be unusually low production?

Thank you! I’m curious to see how the market reacts to pricing. I have zero interest in selling mine as I couldn’t replace it. A little bummed I had to cut sport seats & carbon livery but I also now have a full AP interior at a pretty reasonable price. I noticed early cars have sport seats so I wonder if it will become a rare option as I ordered at the launch event & finalized my order on 6/23 but had to modify to get order accepted. My car is the water now

Interesting to see them hitting the market so fast, should start moving fast from here!! Excited to see this thread explode with amazing photos & shared experiences. I predict there will be few flippers out there but I could be wrong!

If your car is on a boat 2/16 seems to far out since it's takes less than 2 weeks From Emden to US. So I still think what he is looking at is the ship that your car is scheduled to go on. Should be back in Emden in a couple days so timing seems right to Houston. Last trip here it did stop at Sparrows Point (Baltimore) where mine unload and then to Houston
Thank you so much! I didn’t think about that but you’re right!

If your car is on a boat 2/16 seems to far out since it's takes less than 2 weeks From Emden to US. So I still think what he is looking at is the ship that your car is scheduled to go on. Should be back in Emden in a couple days so timing seems right to Houston. Last trip here it did stop at Sparrows Point (Baltimore) where mine unload and then to Houston
Question you mentioned Emden, are the cars moved to Emden from Italy?

Anyone following vessel San Martin? My car was booked for this ship so I was excited to see it arrived in Emden but now that it’s underway it says it’s going to Halifax? I was expecting Houston? Anyone know if this is a possible USA route?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.