Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a 2020 EVO RWD with 1400 miles and VF Engineering supercharger. I’m up for the first service and wanted to know What type of oil should be used ? Lambo dealer doesn’t know and thinks the regular 5w-30 will be good. Any thoughts and experiences from others with superchargers? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I used the recommended oil on all 3 of my VF supercharged cars, R8V8, R8V10 and LP610 and never had any issues

·
Registered
212 Posts
Somewhat unrelated but did you do a before/after dyno? I've been trying to find numbers for both a stock and supercharged RWD car. Havent seen anything out there since they're fairly new.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somewhat unrelated but did you do a before/after dyno? I've been trying to find numbers for both a stock and supercharged RWD car. Havent seen anything out there since they're fairly new.
I bought the car with 1200 miles on it and the Supercharger was already Installed. Not dynoed yet, but based what I know it’s close to 800 hp and any aggressive acceleration over 6k rpm and you will fishtail. So need some skills to drive it for sure..

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,463 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a 2020 EVO RWD with 1400 miles and VF Engineering supercharger. I’m up for the first service and wanted to know What type of oil should be used ? Lambo dealer doesn’t know and thinks the regular 5w-30 will be good. Any thoughts and experiences from others with superchargers? Thanks!
The recommended oil viscosity is 0W-30 (see attached, red arrow).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I bought from my dealer 1 quart Castrol Edge Professional SAE 5W-30 to top off when I get a low engine oil alert.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the recommended oil from Top Smoker brand.
The recommended oil viscosity is 0W-30 (see attached, red arrow).
I spoke with the mechanic today who services my other cars and he recommended Liqui moly 5W-40 for the forced induction application, and given the high temperatures we see here in Vegas during the summer.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,463 Posts
@newbull, my knowledge about oils and cars are very rudimentary but for my "stock" EVO I probably will go with the manufacturers recommended viscosity. Often when manufacturers recommend a particular viscosity that recommendation is based upon their testing and several critical parameters. I remember a quote from the YT, Jason Fenske on Engineering Explained "Your engine was designed and validated using a specific oil viscosity verifying the engine had an acceptable life and durability, and met acceptable oil drain intervals". YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Some car manufactures do recommend different viscosities for different regions based on temps. So there is something to be said for using different viscosity. It's a case of one size does not fit all. I use the recommended though since my area does not get extreme highs. If I were in an area that gets much hotter I probably would change

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,463 Posts
Some car manufactures do recommend different viscosities for different regions based on temps. So there is something to be said for using different viscosity. It's a case of one size does not fit all. I use the recommended though since my area does not get extreme highs. If I were in an area that gets much hotter I probably would change
Scott, all valid points. Though, as we both know most Lamborghini owners don't drive their cars all that much so, a fair number would probably be safe with the manufacturers recommendations. Heck, it's not uncommon to see 5 or 6 year old Lamborghinis' with only a couple of thousand miles on them.
Though, my personal opinion is, if your not driving your Lamborghini why own it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.