Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,:wave:

Sorry, noob question: How many miles would you recommend to change oil for the first time?

Is it better to change oil for the fist 1k miles to remove all the mechanical debris in the oil, or it's not necessary?

Is it possible to DIY? I have lift at home and I use to do most of my other car maintenance. Is there any website/tutorial link? I haven't check/lift on the Aventador just yet. Too new, and very exciting. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm about to do the same thing.

Is your Aventador 2014?

If it is...there is a "Coupon A" that we must use. According to the owner's manual, the Coupon A must be used and completed at 1500 miles.

The following FREE services will completed:

Replace engine oil and filter
Replace gearbox oil and filter
Replace front and rear differential oil

If it's not done, then the factory warranty may be void!

·
Registered
13 Posts
ToofDoc is correct in that the first oil change is at 1500 miles and HAS to be done to maintain the Lamborghini warranty but the cost of it is split between the owner and the Company in that they will cover the parts and supplies and the owner must pay for the labor and if I remember correctly it was about $600 dollars when I had it done last summer on mine 2013 Aventador. Hope that gives some more insight and information.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
ToofDoc is correct in that the first oil change is at 1500 miles and HAS to be done to maintain the Lamborghini warranty but the cost of it is split between the owner and the Company in that they will cover the parts and supplies and the owner must pay for the labor and if I remember correctly it was about $600 dollars when I had it done last summer on mine 2013 Aventador. Hope that gives some more insight and information.
What?! The owners manuals states FREE? Oh well.

Also I called Symbolic (Lamborghini San Diego), the service dept there states Coupon A can be used up to the first year of ownership but must be after 1500 miles!? I first thought it HAD to be done at/around 1500 miles, but I guess that's not true.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe it has changed since I had service A done but it is based on the mileage and not the time. I had to send my car up to the dealership which is about 100 miles away and had about 1200 miles on mine at around 4 months so I went ahead and had the service since the car was up there already to save me another transportation of the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts