Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that i did more that 15 000 kms in the last 6 months. I decided to celebrate it with a glass of single malt and a nice drive.

I'll miss this car a lot, though I don't plan to sell it until the 222 222 kms.

Kudos to Lambo for making such a great car.

* p.s. single malt came after the drive.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,860 Posts
Congratulations! I need to learn from you.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Great to see these cars being driven. How long have you had? I bought mine Nov 2020 with 1,600 miles and have 3,700 miles now, So figure 2,100 miles is pretty good since most of the time owning was winter. Since I plan on getting rid of car in November so plan is do around 6k miles to keep it under the magical 10k miles. Since I split time with my Lotus that should still give me a good amount of driving

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,535 Posts
Someone has been enjoying themselves. I do agree the 10 cylinder engine, for the most part, is the strongest link in the Huracan chain, and the weakest is the infotainment system.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Scott selling already?
When I decided I wanted an Evo last fall searched for new but found nothing exactly how I wanted and was told ordering would of got me a new one end of upcoming summer. Really wanted out of my 488 and found my Evo at local place that I had a great relationship with and got a good offer on my 488. So figured I would get to have something different to drive this season and if I liked it would order something exactly how I want for a Spring 2022 delivery. What is nice is I will sell car or trade at dealership at end of season so I have one less car to store next winter. Car has exceeded my expectations so now just need to decide if I want a Spyder or Coupe, waiting for some hot weather to see how top down driving is . And might as well get what could be the last year of a V10

Reactions: Russk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long have you had? I bought mine Nov 2020 with 1,600 miles and have 3,700 miles now, So figure 2,100 miles is pretty good since most of the time owning was winter. Since I plan on getting rid of car in November so plan is do around 6k miles to keep it under the magical 10k miles.
I bought mine end of last summer. it had also low miles, a bit more than yours. I hit the 22222 kms yesterday. I think thats about 14k miles.

Winter is no excuse to drive! Huracan is so much fun in winter. So if you have snow, don't miss the opportunity. Rain is also fun.

Keep in mind after a certain speed no snow or rain gets into the cockpit, so top down all the way.

On snow, need to be more careful though. You see traction control kicks in many times to get everything in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,860 Posts
That would be so much fun, good for you! I don’t think I could keep from driving mine either.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Keep in mind after a certain speed no snow or rain gets into the cockpit, so top down all the way.
Big smile! Do not go gentle into that good night..............

·
Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder
41 Posts
I bought mine end of last summer. it had also low miles, a bit more than yours. I hit the 22222 kms yesterday. I think thats about 14k miles.

Winter is no excuse to drive! Huracan is so much fun in winter. So if you have snow, don't miss the opportunity. Rain is also fun.

View attachment 294740

View attachment 294739

On snow, need to be more careful though. You see traction control kicks in many times to get everything in the right direction.

View attachment 294743
I decided to drive my Spyder with the top down on an overcast day. Well, it started raining and I had to haul a$$ back home. I noticed that driving at 90 mph (144 kph) kept the cabin pretty dry! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Although, I admire how adventurous some are my EVO doesn't do rain. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
While I won't take evo out if it's going to be a rainy day I have no problem driving it rain in
if its starts when I'm out. And when i get rid of my cars at the end ownerships they look just as good and get the same price as the car never saw rain.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Too many sunny days in Texas to drive in the rain or snow. So that's a big nope from me. Plus people here are even worse drivers in the rain and are very unfamiliar with snow and ice.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Yea but most of the good shows are on weekends and you also have people who only have weekends to drive car. For me let's say there is s good event in the morning but there is a chance I will hit rain on way home I'm not going to let that stop me from going. Also every season I do a couple 2-3 days rallies that are one of my favorite parts of car ownership. Always a chance I could hit rain so it's just not worth stressing over it to me

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many people are overly cautious. These cars do fine on any weather.

I'd be more careful about leaving them outside on a hot and sunny afternoon, or stress the car when engine is cold, or let people wash it who don't know how to wash such a car. I'd actually freak out on all those cases.

Below is from today. It is the mid april and we still have rain and snow. I'm missing the sunny days. Would love to be in Texas or Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I hate detailing my H which is why I don't drive in the rain. Although it's ceramic coated and stays cherry, I'm fine with my current schedule of washing the H every 1-2 months. I wipe down the interior windows and leather periodically when dusty.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I hate detailing my H which is why I don't drive in the rain. Although it's ceramic coated and stays cherry, I'm fine with my current schedule of washing the H every 1-2 months. I wipe down the interior windows and leather periodically when dusty.
I’m with you on washing
I don’t mind detailing but I like to limit the areas.
it’s been years since a hose has been close to my cars. No joke.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Today I noticed that i did more that 15 000 kms in the last 6 months. I decided to celebrate it with a glass of single malt and a nice drive.

I'll miss this car a lot, though I don't plan to sell it until the 222 222 kms.

Kudos to Lambo for making such a great car.

View attachment 294705

* p.s. single malt came after the drive.
20k kms? Old rust bucket.

will you take $19,999 for it?

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
i'm actually curious what its price will be in a couple of years when I'm at 222,222 kms. Any guesses?
If you are looking for a WAG I would guess half it's value but that figure is off the top of my head but the joy you would have derived will be priceless!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts