Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My first post ever, so I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong or posted in the wrong place!!!

I am finally in a position to purchase a Huracan...now trying to get the best deal I can on it. A friend of mine recently purchased a Rolls Royce, $310K sticker and lease was $2300 with 25K down, (simple terms, low miles, 48-mo), but the point being a 300K car was $2300/mo. The lambo, with MSRP, terms, etc. all similar is closer to $4000/mo (asking)

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on this?
1. If anyone out there leased, does this sound about right?
2. Are there good secondary places to lease from? Or leasing companies out there which can bring the price down some?
3. I've also read about 10-year financing etc elsewhere on the site. Does anyone have an suggestions on that? Do the gouge you on the APR?

In the world of cheap 3-4% money, I'm hoping someone out there has a better source for funding!

So excited I can hardly contain myself....THANK YOU GUYS MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE!

·
Registered
313 Posts
LOL. If you have to ask, then clearly you're NOT in the position. :rolleyes: you should be asking the person that handles your money, or watch Suze Orman. :p

Troll.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,716 Posts
LOL. If you have to ask, then clearly you're NOT in the position. :rolleyes: you should be asking the person that handles your money, or watch Suze Orman. :p

Troll.
Yes that just might be true, seen it too many times before. More importantly if you have to finance you might not be in the position you think you're in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the added advice however if you have anything insightful regarding my question that would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Thank you for the added advice however if you have anything insightful regarding my question that would be appreciated.
That was nice reply. I can't help you with financing, but if you are a young person you should put your money into investments, house, stocks etc. before a high end depreciating asset. I have always felt that you can afford one when you can pay cash without it creating a hardship. Probably not the advice youre looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ask your financial advisor. Im getting my Huracan in March and i am going to be financing for
Price: $281,000
Down($):$30,000
Term: 60 months
Rate: 2.24%

Monthly Payments: $4,425.87

This is my first exotic car purchase as well (besides Z06) i would rather have more capital to use for investments as leverage also i do not plan on keeping the car for that long. Most leases i've seen have seen some around $2500 36 months for base models then around $3500 for 60 month lease. Personally i wouldn't lease i just like owning the car and being able to do what ever.

Now if you want really low payments theres woodside credit that finances Exotics and Classics all the way up to 144 months...

Huracan: ($287,999) 60 Months - $30k down - 2.74% - $4592 / month

With Woodside - 144 Months - $57k down - 5.99% - $2447/ month

Sure the monthly payments are low, but that rate is with tier 1 credit and in the end you end up paying a lot in just interest also upfront costs. just doesn't make sense to me.. i know some people make low salaries but get a large salary at the end of the year and then can pay it off that 36-60 month loan in large chucks early. Cash is usually the best option though..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robinsm thank you for the detailed info!!!

Yes i agree, I have better places to park money than in a car (and yes I can afford to pay cash many times over), however I can get a better return on my investments than the dirt cheap bank rates out there! I never believed in the "if you have to ask you cant afford it," its a cliche hardly any astute individual with wealth would follow these days! But i do appreciate the tips and think for many it is worthwhile dash of needed reality.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The whole thing about if you can't pay cash then you shouldn't have it motto is nonsense. A lot of people just choose not to pay cash. Many people don't buy cars to keep forever either. The initial question is very valid. The answer is that right now the Huracan is seen as having higher demand so they deal isn't as good. I personally don't like leases.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Robinsm thank you for the detailed info!!!

Yes i agree, I have better places to park money than in a car (and yes I can afford to pay cash many times over), however I can get a better return on my investments than the dirt cheap bank rates out there! I never believed in the "if you have to ask you cant afford it," its a cliche hardly any astute individual with wealth would follow these days! But i do appreciate the tips and think for many it is worthwhile dash of needed reality.

I'm in the same boat. Paying cash (while having cash) is silly and financially childish. Much better to invest money, especially when banks are giving money away, 2-3% rate
I'm doing almost exactly what robinsm is doing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
With Woodside - 144 Months - $57k down - 5.99% - $2447/ month

Sure the monthly payments are low, but that rate is with tier 1 credit and in the end you end up paying a lot in just interest also upfront costs. just doesn't make sense to me.. i know some people make low salaries but get a large salary at the end of the year and then can pay it off that 36-60 month loan in large chucks early. Cash is usually the best option though..
Eek. I cannot imagine 12 potential years of payments - and that would put the buyer at around 100k in total interest if he didn't accelerate (payments, not the car! :whip:).

And with depreciation, one would probably be upside down for a very long time!

If someone has to take a loan out, make it reasonable, and then try to shorten it with higher payments on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The whole "If you can't afford it cash" is your dads advice. Finance the 250k car with cheap money and invest the remaining 220k into real estate with a 9-11% return. Cash buyers don't understand financial opportunity costs.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante TT
1,103 Posts
I agree I would never pay cash for a car as I would rather use it for investments , business. etc

I am financing mine interest only @ 4% so to own a new Lambo is cheap!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Normally I like to just write a check but I was able to finance my Huracan at 2.5%. I took that deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In my opinion, I would down about half of the car actual cost(if you can comfortably afford it) and finance the other half. Financially, you should ask yourself if you can pay off the whole car without sweating first and then just use the money to invest into something else and just finance portion of it. Also calculate in the factor of the interest VS the capital that you will gain over the year with that portion financed. if the capital is less than the interest cost than you rather pay it all off, but if the capital is more than what you will yield in a year than finance it. With smart investing and knowing where to put it, you will most likely earn the car cost over the years with that hard cash instead of paying it off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The whole "If you can't afford it cash" is your dads advice. Finance the 250k car with cheap money and invest the remaining 220k into real estate with a 9-11% return. Cash buyers don't understand financial opportunity costs.
amen

unless you have those money just laying around doing nothing than go ahead and pay it all of. But if the money can go somewhere else to gain additional income then why not finance and use it somewhere else.

there is such thing as letting your money work for you instead of you working for money.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
For me it's always been the question of, do I want to own my assets or have them own me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I hate financing things so I paid H cash.
Everybody think differently but I agree that exotic cars are an expensive toy and you have to buy them if their cost will be something you can easily afford without having to finance it. But I'm not an investment guy so I put money on the bank ;)

·
Administrator
5,177 Posts
Whether you lease or buy it's a terrible waste of money. I doubt you'll be able to make up the loss with other money invested some place else. I don't like the idea of paying hundreds of thousands and having nothing to show for it in the end.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts